What plants to add to this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NigelK8485

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yesterday I took out a large piece of driftwood from my tank. I was originally taking it out just to scrub it down to get some algae off it and to take Anubias off it but once I had it removed I looked at my tank and loved how much it opened it up. I've decided to keep the driftwood out but now I have a big open area and need help deciding what plants to add to it. I'm not extremely content with how my plants are laid out currently, so I'm open to suggestions on moving/removing some of those as well.

Tank is co2 injected, sand substrate with osmocote root tabs, EI dosing.

Midground plants that are good at breaking up lines of sight would be great to keep my severum from harassing my heckelii.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

What light are you using? A staurogyne repens carpet might look good.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Right now I've got 2 36" current USA satellite+ in the front and 2 36" finnex planted+ in the back. Tank is 28" tall with about 2.5" substrate.

I'm looking at upping the light within the next month or so though.

Cryptocoryne Crispatula

I have it in my tank. Long narrow leaves that are thicker than vals and flows with the current. Mine is really thick so it could break line of sight.

Not my photo but with your Finnex lights it would definitely flourish.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429113922.470917.jpg

Then do some rows of Repens in the foreground.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I like the look of the s. Repens but I'm a bit nervous since they seem so delicate from what others say. It seems it's a battle to keep them in good condition. May order a few and see how it goes with my tank.

The crypt looks nice but I feel like I have too many wispy plants that flow with the current, I'm looking more for broad leaf plants. Will definitely be checking out other crypt species though.

It wouldn't hurt to tty the stars. You should have enough ferts, light, and Co2 for them. Just put a root tab under them and your set...i think

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tiger lotus is very broad leafed. I've heard if not kept tripped it can overgrown half an aquarium though.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Blyxa japonica
Hemianthus glomeratus
Alt reineckii 'mini'
Limnophila mini Vietnam
Echinodorus parviflorus

Last edited:
I have cardinal lobelia, limno. Repens, s. Repens, and alt. reineckii from foster53. I ordered hydro. Compacta from one online store but they were out, the guy was going to see if he could order any to be in next week and shoot me an email if he can.

I like Blyxa japonica but it's the one plant my severum won't allow. She will nip at other plants for a little bit, but with the Blyxa I'd wake up to half eaten pieces just floating around the tank.

Back
Top Bottom