What should I do with this tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyMamma

Aquarium Advice Freak
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1436220822.650512.jpg

I planned on putting pea puffers in this 29 gal. tank, hence the heavy greenery to block lines of sight. I've since wondered if maybe I could put something else in instead that would enjoy the plants.

Any suggestions?

~ Sent with an unladen European swallow

It could be really nice if you had some cool schooling fish, with all that greenery it'd be beautiful ?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

With the tetras a single honey gourami maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could try some killis. A little bit different to the general recommendation. Awesome fish easily my favorites.

Botia striata- amazing and wonderful little fish. Put 5+ of them in there and enjoy the comical antics :)

Batfish is great, my guianacara and some apistos came from him. josh is a stand up guy

I'd scrap the plants, get some seachem grey coast marine sand. Make the tank brackish and put green spot puffers in. They are so amazing. If you live near the beach then feed them crabs. Keeps their teeth short so they don't grow too much.

I have two figure eight puffers and two green spot and they are my favourite fish in the house. they are alone of course.

Great suggestions everyone! After much consideration I've decided to stick with four Dwarf Puffers. But now I know about Batfish Aquatics and they're here where I live! I'm going to call about a visit next week!

Killies have my interest when I get room in my 55 gal.

~ Sent with an unladen European swallow

Wow, don't see many others in Silver Spring, check out CapitalCichlidAssociation as well

Back
Top Bottom