What shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettaKing

Aquarium Advice Activist
I want a shrimp that is an omnivore that will eat plant matter, fish food you know, just the yucky stuff that get's on the bottom of your tank( I know they don't eat waste). I have a gravel vacuum but I want some just to help out a little. Thx

I want a shrimp that is an omnivorous shrimp that will eat plant matter, fish food you know, just the yucky stuff that get's on the bottom of your tank. I have a gravel vacuum but I want some just to help out a little. Thx

What size aquarium?

What other inhabitants are in the aquarium?

RCS and amanos are great algae eaters. Ghost shrimp are good scavengers. My females bettas have a better track record with the colorless shrimp than the colored, FWIW.

BettaKing said:
I want a shrimp that is an omnivore that will eat plant matter, fish food you know, just the yucky stuff that get's on the bottom of your tank( I know they don't eat waste). I have a gravel vacuum but I want some just to help out a little. Thx

Get AES (amano shrimp), they'll eat any and everything. I have them in every tank I have.

Yeah like most on here say, Amano shrimp is the way to go. They do a great job, mine even clean my filter and decorations.

Back
Top Bottom