what to add next...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmh2536

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wanted to get an opinion from others on what fish I should add next to my 120 gallon with a small volitan lionfish and large picasso triggerfish. I was thinking about a dogface puffer or a panther grouper...tell me what you think...

Dogface puffer can be a great addition. As for the panther grouper, they have a tendency to grow extremely big & wouldn't be suggested for your size tank.

I'd be careful as to how many aggressive fish you have in your tank, I'm not sure about the dogface but my porcupine puffer ate anything he could including fins and chunks of other fish. Your trigger and/or a puffer may nip at the lionfish.

so far i havnt had the problem with the trigger nipping at my lion....they seem to be gettin along pretty good

jmh2536 said:
so far i havnt had the problem with the trigger nipping at my lion....they seem to be gettin along pretty good

Hopefully you will be okay then. My puffer was perfectly find until I put a copperband butterfly in the tank, I have no idea what happened but the puffer wound up ripping him apart in a matter of a couple hours. I don't know if the triggers are as aggressive as porcupines anyway?

i'm pretty sure triggers are considered more agressive than puffers, but it really depends on which type of trigger.......i think i may have gotten lucky with a friendly trigger though.... :D

Back
Top Bottom