what to stock my reef with

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prisoner1572

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have three fish right now: two clowns, and a blenny, i plan on getting a blue tang, and bangaii cardinals,that would be about all the fish i would get, maybe a few more blennies or gobies.

what inverts, crabs, shrimp, snails, and the other ones like anemones, corals, urchins, feather dusters, can i put in the tank that would survive with each other and the fish i have. this has been my main frustration in setting my tank up. i had some live rock with tunicates and when i got the blenny he ate them! i don't want this to happen when i get other inverts.

i have a 125 gallon tank

do not get crabs, but like 1-2 blue or red legged.You'll thank me later.Dusters,mush,zooanthids (my fav) are all easy

let us know how it goes

as far as the corals go it depends on how much light you have. yep, you can get shrimp (stay away from coral banded shrimp), snails, crabs (i avoid anything w/ claws personally), conch, starfish, many many things. Those fish are all friendly towards inverts so you shouldn't have a problem.

The urchins can be a pain b/c they need glasses and end up knocking all of your rocks down.

Anemones are very hard to keep and ussually die within about 6 months from starvation... in the wild they are nearly immortal so i would just leave them there. If you want something that looks like one though get a long tentacled plate coral!

If your tank is acrylic I would not add any inverts to it. They can harm the acylic.

Kaye

Back
Top Bottom