What would be a good carpeting plant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big_al01

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright so I have a 5 gallon aquarium, planning on making it a cool planted Nano with a nice carpet of... Yeah that's where I need help. I can't figure out what would be a good carpet. It will be a medium to high light tank. The substrate will be sand and for nutrients I have everything I need for any plant to grow so don't worry about that. I've thought about dwarf Hairgrass, dwarf baby tears, I don't like microsword. I've only had a carpet if dwarf sag, well I still do, but what would be a good carpet plant for me? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dhg is pretty demanding, hc is ultra demanding, staur repens is a nice low maintenance carpet. You running co2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You'll need co2 for most carpet plants. You could try star repens which is a stem plant but stays small an just continue to trim short and replant to carpet. Or Marseila quadrifolia, four leaf clover both are easier I think then dhg or DBT

Edit: brookster you beat me to it. +1 on brookster's comment

I was going to either dose with flourish excel or run co2 yes.

With co2, adequate ferts
and high light the world is your oyster..

Honestly, with co2, ferts, and good light HC is a breeze. It's a nitrate hog though so make sure your nitrate is up.

Dwarf b tears

Back
Top Bottom