What's the Problem with my Fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TripleB67

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got 5 Cobra Endler Guppies and have had them for about a week now. Yesterday morning I noticed one of them lying on the bottom of my aquarium. I thought it was going to be another 'neon tetra' episode like I had 2 weeks ago when each neon rested on the bottom for an hour or so, started swimming around erratically, and then started floating up-side-down (all within about 3 hours).

So last night I expected the same from my Endler. But no, it was still lying on the bottom, only to come up to take a nibble of food. This morning I expected to find him/her no longer living. But there he/she was lying on the bottom again, not moving much, but very much alive.

This afternoon I couldn't find him/her so I had my wife look while I went to play tennis with my daughter. He/she was lying sort of underneath the bottom of a plant I have in my tank. Again, very much alive but not moving unless I were to move the tank.

Does anyone have a clue as to what may be going on with this fish?

Thanks for any and all help.

TripleB67

Did you cycle your tank prior to adding the fish? Do you notice any other visible signs of illness or injury?

Did you cycle your tank prior to adding the fish? Do you notice any other visible signs of illness or injury?

Yes, the tank was cycled before I added the fish. I do not see any other signs of an illness or an injury.

TripleB67

This morning he/she is futher up under the bottom of the plant (almost like some pebbles were moved) and still alive.

TripleB67

We need to know your tank params... This will help us figure out what is wrong with him.

Back
Top Bottom