Where can you get bio-spira

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy_lover

Aquarium Advice Regular
I heard its the fastest way to cycle a tank , does anyone know any LFS in Simi Valley , Ca that sells it ?

I'm not certain but I don't think they make it anymore. Also, it has to be refrigerated the whole time or the bacteria dies off. If your store sells it on a shelf it will more than likely not work.

I'm not certain but I don't think they make it anymore. Also, it has to be refrigerated the whole time or the bacteria dies off. If your store sells it on a shelf it will more than likely not work.

Oh do you know any other stuff that cycles a tank without it being confusing and taking forever

I personally cycle my tanks the old fashion way. Either fish in with lots of water changes and daily testing or by using seeded filter material from an established tank.

I heard its the fastest way to cycle a tank , does anyone know any LFS in Simi Valley , Ca that sells it ?

Tetra safestart uses bio-spira. Most of the chains carry it and some mom and pops as well. Alot of people say it won't work off the shelf, but i can only share my experience. I cycled my tank in a week, a friend cycled their tank in a week using it. My cousin had the same results. Cycled means 0 ammonia and nitrite with some nitrate reading. That first week you still want to test every day to make sure u don't have an ammo spike before the bb is eestablished, and even after the first week u need to test frequently to ensure it did the job.

Like i said, i cycled my 60 gallon in a week with tetra safestart. It was fine until i stocked fish without quarantining them first, but my ammo and nitrite remained 0 even with the problems brought in with the new fish.

I just picked up some for a quarantine tank for some of my saltwater fish. it is supposed to be shelf stable so it's worth a try. Better to try a bottle of bacteria in the hopes that it will make things easier for fish than risk losing them without it.

Back
Top Bottom