Where do you get your plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I get my plants from the LFS because they have a great selection, or I go through Peabodysparadise. I also have some bag/tube plants from petco and petsmart that have done really well

I have had great experiences with buying from the forums. Especially if you can get a large package. I also buy the cluttered tissue packs from petsmart, and have had good plants from aquabid. My lfs do not carry a good selection of plants though.

I get mine from the Planted Tank Forum, AquariumPlants.com and ExtraPlants.com

I got mine at aquariumplants.com. This is my tank just short of 3 months after planting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 72
My local selection isn't that great, so I use AquariumPlants.com. Did a big order a while back and everything that came through was beautiful and healthy.

AquariumPlants.com (and ferts too)
Peabody's Paradise
Petsmart (tube plants)
LFS (moss, common stem plants)

Really nice tank Coryluv! Not sure you need to add, looks perfect really.

I buy from hobbyists on The Planted Tank and Im a member of an awesome club
The San Francisco Bay Area Aquatic Plant Society ( largest and oldest in the USA I think ?)

We just had a meet at a member's home. I came home with a big bag of free plants, just like every meet. We do plant swaps at meets, a lot of freebies and deep discounts if we do sell to club members.

I haven't paid for a plant in quite awhile.

That's a really nice looking tank... whats in it for livestock? (sorry for not researching, I'm on me mobile)

At the risk of going off topic I'll start with the plants I got at aquariumplants.com. They are ludwigia repens, echinodorus martii, bacopa australis, and saggitaria sublata.

As to fish, I have 7 pristella maxillarus, and 3 otocinclus (vittatus I think). I have 6 young corydoras paleatus in my QT that will go in the tank that is pictured in a few weeks. The tank was aquascaped with the corys in mind.

Ty for the kind words about my tank.

Last edited:
Grear replies so far, thanks!

I am conducting firsthand recon of the retail options in my area, as there are many.

What criteria should I be looking for other than healthy looking plants?

Do water conditions matter alots or do plants tend to adapt in time?

I got my first ever plant from petco in one of those little tube plants an little java fern lace plant....then the rest I got from my lfs

Grear replies so far, thanks!

I am conducting firsthand recon of the retail options in my area, as there are many.

What criteria should I be looking for other than healthy looking plants?

Do water conditions matter alots or do plants tend to adapt in time?

Look for nice green plants without holes or brown area's on the leaves, without yellow leaves or leaves with pale tissue but dark veins. Don't worry about water, plants acclimate to their water just as fish do.

Back
Top Bottom