Which Algae Eater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know people get them confused all the time

i told you...lol

they have so many similarities so dont feel bad if you get them confused, its just a pain to distinguish them :D

get a rubberlip/rubbernose/bulldog pleco (all the same kind, just different names). I got a spotted rubberlip pleco today and he is adorable! Just sits up front on the glass as if nothing in this world would eat him. Not afraid of anything either. And he's been munching on algae.

Scientific names make it harder for us to make mistakes when talking about fish and plants. Besides common names can change based on locality. My LFS sometimes changes the common names they use for fish which only adds to the confusion.

Not to hijack but...

What would be a good algae eater for a 10 gallon tank? Most of the popular fish for this purpose would outgrow a 10g in a very short amount of time.

otos would be good for a ten gallon, just make sure you have other food sfor them to eat like algae waffers

Otos would definitely work for a 10 gallon tank. A normal rule of thumb is to get one oto for every ten gallons although I would add an extra because they like the company.

Back
Top Bottom