which brand of aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newbytomarines

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello everyone I am looking to spend in total of 2000pounds, this will be for my tank, sump, stand,
What does everyone think will be the best brand and the best prices, internet or lfs

I would suggest checking for used stuff, you can get a used setup for alot cheaper than new once you factor in the tank, stand and sump you also need to consider drilling, return pump plus the time and fussing with plumbing. Spend half the money and get a system ready to add rock and water without the headache. Also a cheaper way to get your equipment (powerheads, skimmers, lights) plus its way cheaper to get the live rock. I'm guessing your price in pounds means your in the UK, well over in Canada browsing forums I was able to get my skimmer at about 1/3 the price of new. Rock generally goes for 1/4-1/2 the price of in the store. For the price I paid for my tank (reef ready 90g) I could have bought a complete setup ready for rock and water. I had to spend another couple hundred bucks for a return pump and plumbing, would have been more if I hadn't used my 55g as a sump (a sump will generally run another 200 bucks) so like I said if your up for it check out online on local forums or classifieds and you can save a heap. Also remember that provided a tank doesn't have tempered glass it can always be drilled which can save you more. Just my 2 cents

I got my craigslist system for $800, and I costed out all the stuff (including live rocks, but not the fish) to over $2500. GO CRAIGSLIST!!!

I just got a 140 gallon tank (glass) for $800 on Craigslist. Furniture quality oak stand and hood, 250 lbs of live rock, probably 200 lbs of sand, skimmer, sump, light sect. I figure the live rock would have been almost that much at $3 per pound.

Also have connected with a guy who can get fish for about 1/2 to 1/3 what my LFS charges.

I live in northern ireland, dont think it would be worth it when it shioed to here but thanks, I was looking at Craigslist, there some good stuff on it

I'm from uk and have look at aquaone aquareef or Red Sea tanks as there all in one set ups so don't have to drill or go through hassle adding sump. I've just got aquqreef 300 second hand from my fish shop at £650 but got better return pump than comes with tank when new, they cost £1100 new from shop and little bit cheaper online . With your price range can get the 400 litre at £1300 and have some change.

Back
Top Bottom