Which frozen food is best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twoodrough

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have pellets and flakes and would like to round out my food with one frozen kind. Which ONE kind of frozen food is best?

I have a molly, danio, barb, and apisto.

In most cases frozen brine shrimp or frozen blood worms make a great meaty supplement for most fish. I personally feed frozen blood worms every so often and they go nuts for it but be sure not to over feed with this stuff it can have an impact on your water parameters if there is too much waste in the tank.

I would not use bloodworms. Brine shrimp would probably be best for any fish. Or water daphnia. Bloodworms carry diseases, and can be too big for smaller fish. Try brine shrimp or water daphnia.

Was looking for daphnia, but the LFS I was at did not have it, got blood worms instead. Bingo! Finally got the cockatoo cichlid to eat after 3 weeks. I was starting to worry.

Glad to hear it but I would still look for the Daphnia and/or brine shrimp to help supplement the bloodworms they can be pretty messy.

Back
Top Bottom