White spot !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
just noticed one of my fish in my smaller tank has white spot , turning the temp up really work or is it just a myth ???

Oscar26 said:
just noticed one of my fish in my smaller tank has white spot , turning the temp up really work or is it just a myth ???

It works in the sence that it stops the parasite from reproducing, but if you have live plants,shrimps... Or any other temp sensitive animals in there make sure to take them out.
But I would also use meds.... And still it will be 6-8 weeks before you can say you free of ich if that's what that is.

It's not a myth. You don't need meds at all. If you do a search just in this forum, you'll find tons of threads that contain the natural treatment method:

Raise the temp slowly to 86 (I do not remove my inverts or any other species)

Add an airstone to increase oxygenation

Gravel vac every 2-3 days to remove ich spore from substrate

Maintain this schedule for minimum of 2 weeks

cheers both of you , its just 3 lil white spots on my fishes fin , so caught it early i hope , not added any new fish at the min so dont no were its came from , i hav been useing frozen brine shrimp and been told it can come from that , gutted

They won't get it from frozen food. Usually it's a case of poor water params or something else that stresses the fish out, if it's not a new addition to the tank.

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Back
Top Bottom