White spots, not Ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VonnieR

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I noticed two white spots earlier this week on the back of the top fin of my angelfish. When I looked back at a video I had taken a week ago I noticed the spots were there too. I asked at my LFS and they said it was ick. I’ve done three treatments so far with Jungle Ick Guard, and absolutely nothing has changed. The fish still is eating and acting normally and no other fish are effected. I’m wondering if I should treat the tank with a fungus clear or what?
Tank is 75 gallons, 80 degrees, hard water (same as lfs) ph between 7.5 and 8, nitrate and nitrite nothing. Tank has been set up for 6 years, but was down to 2 swordtails until November when I planted the tank and since then we’ve added ghost shrimp, 4 mystery snails, about 15 guppies, 6 cories, and 6 angels. The angels were the last added, about 3 weeks ago. Has a Fluval 406 canister filter with sponges and bio rings. I usually change 50% of the water every 2 weeks but have been doing a 25% change each day with the ick medicine this week. I feed them fluval colormax, pleco wafers, and tubifex worms.
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 0D974A7A-260F-4DC2-AD27-53514AC3F115.jpg
    0D974A7A-260F-4DC2-AD27-53514AC3F115.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom