white spots on glass (eggs?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeavisMom62

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just noticed these hard white spots inside one of my tanks. It is a 23 gal flatback hex with a male betta, 3 ADF's, 5 nerites and a BN. (There were 2 BN's in there, but last week during a water change, I took out a piece of decor with the BN still on it (I think), put it on the floor and my guess is the dog got it!). Anyway, about two days ago, I noticed these small, hard, white spots on the back glass of the tank. They are very hard to get of the glass, I had to literally scratch them off with a fingernail. There's about 8-10 of them.

They couldn't be eggs of any sort right? Nerites don't breed in freshwater, there is only one betta and I would imagine if BN's or ADF's had eggs they wouldn't be hard and stuck to the glass (yeah, I know I sound dumb, but I've never had ANYTHING breed, so I'm clueless).

Today, I noticed a couple more of them on the plastic part of the heater where the controls are.

What the heck could it be? Gonna do a pwc in a minute and I'll check them out more thoroughly.

Back
Top Bottom