White stringy substance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Litos

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There is white stringy substance on my fake plants and nothing else... It's an old tank and seemed to occur after a water change I added to many black worms and there was a bacterial blossom... What could it be.... I don't think it's any kind of algae cause algae is green this is more if a grayish white

Can you please post pictures if you can? It would greatly help us identify your problem!

I'm confused about the black worms. Are you saying that you overfed and the uneaten worms ended up getting fungus?

LyndaB said:
I'm confused about the black worms. Are you saying that you overfed and the uneaten worms ended up getting fungus?

The black worms contributed to the bacterial blossom which might have something to do with what's on the plants

Litos said:
There is white stringy substance on my fake plants and nothing else... It's an old tank and seemed to occur after a water change I added to many black worms and there was a bacterial blossom... What could it be.... I don't think it's any kind of algae cause algae is green this is more if a grayish white

It's seems to be gone... Not sure what exactly it was

Back
Top Bottom