who has the ugliest fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lonewolfblue said:

People eat those???

monkfish.jpg

Another disgusting thing people eat: Monkfish.

mr3.jpg

And my rhino pleco. I don't think he's ugly, but not everyone would agree. :)

Saltwater......angler fish (someone already posted a picture)

FW....tough call since likes/dislikes are so subjective....my BN would probably fall into that category....

physicsdude said:
well, here's someone with a face that only a mother could love:

http://www.wonderquest.com/deep-fish-distant-jets.htm

subjective or not, that's one butt-ugly fish. kinda reminds me of my girlfriend's mother...

I believe that's a front view of the angler fish I mentioned. They have a probe-like extension that hangs off the top of the head in front of their mouth. It is luminescent and they shake it around so it looks like a food source. When the prey gets close, they dart forward and chomp. Definately a contender for this award.

And Bubbleboy, are those eyes photoshopped? Are they not really eyes at all (ie a mimic trick used to scare off possible predators)? They just don't fit the picture...

physicsdude said:
kinda reminds me of my girlfriend's mother...
Woah! Severe burn right here folks ^^^!

I kind of life the toadfish. I have often described my nb plec as freaky-lookin' but I don't actually think he's ugly per se.

7Enigma said:
And Bubbleboy, are those eyes photoshopped? Are they not really eyes at all (ie a mimic trick used to scare off possible predators)? They just don't fit the picture...

Ohhh, those eyes are real...those bubble-gold are definately strange looking. I wouldn't say ugly, but oh so freaky!

UGGGGLY

Here are some ugly ones I found!!

The Snaggletooth
img_738664_0_5a7fe437db10571cf6afa5ce524d1667.jpg

The Viperfish
img_738664_1_715ea5a12c99afb284b96c797e78e62d.jpg

and again a MORE ugly picture of the lizardfish
img_738664_2_ef8e5719f2ddc5a9cd48e5a4bd178c5b.jpg

another picture of the lizardfish
img_738664_3_34c8d8d93b2a85da3357a328d7c36a39.jpg

i saw a bright orange toad fish at the lfs ... ugly but so interesting at the same time! it's amazing how huge their mouths are compared to the size of their bodies!!

Back
Top Bottom