who's your "ninja" fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My royal gramma, roxy... she could be anywhere, and disappear in a split second since she knows all the live rock escape routes.

Mine is definately my female golden dwarf cichlid in my planted aquarium. It's so densely planted that she's only seen at feeding time or when the angels have fry.

Had a kuli loach that disappeared from the tank about a week after I got it. A year later, while breaking the tank down, he showed up. He'd grown quite a bit. 8O

my zig-zag eel was always difficult to find ... and the khulli's I had were worse or just as bad.

well my closest would be my red-tailed shark. I always know wher to look for him but never know just where he'll be. All his hiding spots are kind of aligned in behind some plants and he just swims from one spot to another without ever really coming out of hiding.

my redtail always hides in this big hollow tree stump thingy in the middle of my tank ... i mean its hard to hide 4-5" of bright red and black, but he manages quite well !!!

My girlfriends dwarf bristlenose pleco. Its a female and doens't have bristles but the lil fella is only about 3 inches long in a 55 gallon community tank with lots of decorations. There is a pagoda in the tank with an open door and she hides in there most of the day. We are lucky to see it once a week. (only when being fed at night)
-Stewie

Her goes my vote for the ghost shrimp. I only had them for a few days. Yesterday I was doing a WC and took out three empty shrimp shells. I thought they were goners as well (I've been having lots of casualties in the last few days). A few ours later... there they were! I have GHOSTS in my tank!!!!!!!

8O

Well... now I know that they shead their shells....
:lol:

My African Dwarf frogs can finds some pretty creative hiding spots. Adding a few bloodworms to the tank, however, takes care of that problem :wink:

fish wise... my smaller common pleco... he's made a few holes in the drift wood to hide and he blends in perfectly with it...

my red claw crabs are also quite the ninjas... one minute you see them running across the bottom... the next minute they are in the driftwood... it makes for great entertainment

My Oscar...usually it's pretty easy to find her, but sometimes I really have to look for her! You'd think a 10" fish in a 75 gallon with only a couple good sized pieces of driftwood and one very large plant would make it easy to find...hmmm...she has a habit of laying down on her side behind the driftwood...she's very...shy...

Back
Top Bottom