Why do you keep fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It gives me a reason to have my nose glued to my phone, talking to you fine people :)! Kidding...helluva lot cheaper than therapy, and while you could just sit there and day dream about it...you wouldnt get to research, and the artistic expression gets some of that angst out!

Little did he know that his mommy is going to be addicted to it. So his aquarium became mine (of course he doesn't know it yet). Hehe!

I love my aquarium. I was going to get a jardini arowana for good luck but change my mind while setting it up. Now I am set to get discus. I love my tank and thinking of filling up my garage with tanks. Hehe. It calms me down and cheers me up and it gives my lil' sis and bro happiness whenever they look at my tanks. :D which makes me happier.

I think aquariums should be sold in pharmacies as anti-depressants :) or stress-relief :) everyone seems to be commenting on the happiness and relaxation these creatures give. i think they deserve more credit for what they do to us :)

I think I probably use it as some kind of tension release also. I live 2000 miles away from the rest of my family and I miss them a lot. I rearrange out furniture all the time as a way of making myself a new environment and taking my mind off things, I do the same in each tank, too. ;)

i keep fish because i think its so cool how they can live in such an environment that is so hostile to humans, and because its cool to watch them swim

I keep fishies because they're purty. And I like to have a life in my hands. I know that I am the one keeping them alive, and I like keeping things thriving.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

Predfan27 said:
Heck yeah it was! And I should change that. Since my name is predfan...fish are indeed food. Haha.

Fish are yummy.

In loving memory of Pansa Princess, the greatest horse who ever lived. May you rest in peace.

But on the real. I keep fish because you really don't get any insight into their life, quirks, personality unless you keep them. You ask a non fish keeper and they will say fish are dumb. You ask a fish keeper about them and they will say each fish has their own personality.

i also love how they cant nag you and bother you. like mothers ;) hehehehe

Back
Top Bottom