Why I don't have any fish left in my pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A buddy of mine had a similar problem. He was told to put a large blue herring statue near his pond. He has never had a problem since then.

I have a fisher problem, Ate quiet a few of my goldies out of my pond.

+1 for meegosh... My parents had a similar problem with racoons/cats and ever since they have gotten a fake herring they haven't lost a koi/goldfish yet. They had a huge softball sized fantail goldfish that was part of a breeding pair that Mom had for 6years and she found the headless body under her truck 1 morning,that afternoon we had the bird.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

Very cool! And not I suppose. lol

I caught a chill just looking at that pic.

Yeah, it was pretty cool to see and capture, on camera, then again it was disappointing after all the care and effort that went into my pond over the last several years. It's amazing all the creatures that are drawn to that pond.

Steve

My grandpa traps those for their hide
traps? what a mild way of putting it. i almost imagine he corners them and they decide to unzip their coat and hand it over. not the real scenario...
fox%2007.jpg

I lost all my fish over the winter.

A large critter (possibly an opossum or maybe a raccoon) must have chosen the pond to die in just before it iced over. My dog was REALLY trying to tell me there was something there all winter. I had a small heater to keep an open space in the ice for gas exchange, and the critter must have been close to that. When things finally thawed this spring, the smell was god awful and everybody was dead (goldfish and red shiners).
I got away with not using a screen last year, but from now on I am going to screen the pond in the fall, even though I have resisted the idea.

Back
Top Bottom