Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there Ray. Glad to see you are still with us :D
Set backs are all part of the fish game. If I told you how many times I had to let spawns go because of lack of space, you'd be doing the cheer for sure. LOL I'm past that, I need more room not more tanks. I tried to set up another 10 on the existing rack and I ran out of electrical outlets for the heater so no more tanks there :( . No other place for tanks where there is electric. A new building it is!!!! LOL
Anyway, glad to hear your fish room is coming along. I'm still waiting to get some 1/2 blacks from your black/ silver pair so finish that room already!!! :D

I'll be posting pics of my building's progress as soon as it has some. :( Until then, it's bottles and babies! LOL

OK, updated Andy but for anyone else followingmy saga :popcorn: The supposed dime size angels I was expecting might be MUCH smaller. Like just into the free swimming stage. Not very happy that the seller misrepresented them.

So into the HOB breeder box on the 55 they shall go. Just got done routing some airlines and making sure all is well for arrival. They should be here between 10 -3 tomorrow.

One positive about the small guys is going to be proving that DAC is ,as stated in some studies I posted back some, the most beneficial diet for growth.

Also my pair in the 55 have calmed down some with the chasing and seem to be hanging closer now.

How will the new fish look? Will the pai in the 55 spawn? Is "nickel" going to grow out to be big and beutiful? Tune in next time to find out! Same wiggler thread, same aquarium forum! :popcorn: :fish1: :cool:

Some photos

9lduVTi.jpg

^ He was around dime when I got him a few weeks back. Approaching quarter now. He's been feed mostly a diet of 1mm fry pellets that I used to use for making bettas have vibrant color, seems to work on angels well too

wSxFWZ0.jpg

Didn't get to pick up the Vals to fill up the Angel tank with discreet meeting places...

So maybe in a couple days. Maybe will have enough time to go to a hour drive, not exactly local fish store to get some other plants. I would rather get them from a local hobbyist since I can get some nice long ones.

If these two don't get busy again, I might just have to switch males. Ok, now I look over and the male is cleaning the heater top.

Well, I fed some baby brine shrimp and regular food, a couple days ago Tubiflex worms, and Brine shrimp, trying to change it up and make them happy.

I think these fish will drive me crazy!

Didn't get to pick up the Vals to fill up the Angel tank with discreet meeting places...

So maybe in a couple days. Maybe will have enough time to go to a hour drive, not exactly local fish store to get some other plants. I would rather get them from a local hobbyist since I can get some nice long ones.

If these two don't get busy again, I might just have to switch males. Ok, now I look over and the male is cleaning the heater top.

Well, I fed some baby brine shrimp and regular food, a couple days ago Tubiflex worms, and Brine shrimp, trying to change it up and make them happy.

I think these fish will drive me crazy!

Wish I knew you needed some vals, I gave a quart jug full of em away the other week

Darn it!!!!!

I'll keep you in mind next time I get stuff in.

Everytime I order a plant or two somehow I end up getting a box full of various things.

Heck the plants I sold that were free with the fish that they came with have paid for most of my fish :dance:

I hope I feel good tomorrow when I get up, it's gonna be a big day.

If your proven pair don't go back to breeding, most likely switching males won't solve the problem. :( It's not the fish, it's the setup. Fix the set up and that should fix the fish. (y)

Sometimes, this old codger gets lucky :D The eggs on the rock in my post #2252 started hatching today. With the rock so high off the bottom, I can see the eggs as they fall off the shale. Only about 10 dead eggs total on the rock. Now all I need is a tank to move some of the other fry to so I have a tank to move these fry to :S LOL

Hello all, I've been reading this thread for a few weeks and u have all helped in my first group of swimmers 1 day old! Thank u, I'm hooked!!ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394815637.827449.jpg

Hello all, I've been reading this thread for a few weeks and u have all helped in my first group of swimmers 1 day old! Thank u, I'm hooked!!

Congrats :) I hope you read through this whole thread as most everything needed to raise your new babies has been discussed here (y)

Sometimes, this old codger gets lucky :D The eggs on the rock in my post #2252 started hatching today. With the rock so high off the bottom, I can see the eggs as they fall off the shale. Only about 10 dead eggs total on the rock. Now all I need is a tank to move some of the other fry to so I have a tank to move these fry to :S LOL
I'm headed to get a new tank to start cycling for my babies. The parents are spawning again as we speak. Isn't this exciting??!!!

Here's an update. I pulled the slate for the platinum/koi pair. I want to check to see if the platinum male is fertile. The silver pair and black/silver pair ate their eggs and most surprising the gold pearlscale pair are busy guarding and fanning their eggs in a community tank no less. I'm thinking of pulling all the other fish out. I have a 40gal that only has a few plecos in it at the moment. I think it will be less stressful for the first time parents

Most of the tank mates of the gold pearlscale pair have been moved to another tank. Remaining are a pair of pensicola catfish and 1 neon tetra. They are still fanning the eggs and now checking out alternative locations. I think they are going to play find the eggs. ?The eggs from my platinum and koi pair are now wigglers. At least I know the male platinum is fertile??

Well I never thought I'd be saying this but "CRAP!!!!! MY FISH ARE SPAWNING AGAIN!!!!!" :banghead::banghead::banghead: While it's a good problem to have, it's still a problem:facepalm:
This will make 7 bottles in the house along with a 2.5 gal tank all with spawns in them and no tank space outside to put them. I even had to expand to another entertainment center to house bottles 5,6 & now #7 as the hatching table was crying when I tried to put another bottle on top of the 2 1/2 gal tank. :eek: I'd let this spawn go but it's from the Gold/ Zebra Veil pair so I want these fry!!!! Oh me, Oh my!!!! Looks like I need to either move some tanks around to make room for more or quickly build a stand near an electrical outlet. :confused:

On a side note, you should see the tank with the Marble pair and their fry NOW! ( post #2223) The fry are growing big enough to be crowding the parents so they need a new tank too. ( I'm actually thinking of moving the parents instead of the fry. It will be easier. This will also be the last time these fish raise their own fry. Too much headache when they do a good job at it. :blink::lol: )

lastly, Did I say I was having FUN with this????? I may have been mistaken :ROFLMAO::banghead::ROFLMAO::banghead::ROFLMAO::banghead:

Well I never thought I'd be saying this but "CRAP!!!!! MY FISH ARE SPAWNING AGAIN!!!!!" :banghead::banghead::banghead: While it's a good problem to have, it's still a problem:facepalm:
This will make 7 bottles in the house along with a 2.5 gal tank all with spawns in them and no tank space outside to put them. I even had to expand to another entertainment center to house bottles 5,6 & now #7 as the hatching table was crying when I tried to put another bottle on top of the 2 1/2 gal tank. :eek: I'd let this spawn go but it's from the Gold/ Zebra Veil pair so I want these fry!!!! Oh me, Oh my!!!! Looks like I need to either move some tanks around to make room for more or quickly build a stand near an electrical outlet. :confused:

On a side note, you should see the tank with the Marble pair and their fry NOW! ( post #2223) The fry are growing big enough to be crowding the parents so they need a new tank too. ( I'm actually thinking of moving the parents instead of the fry. It will be easier. This will also be the last time these fish raise their own fry. Too much headache when they do a good job at it. :blink::lol: )

lastly, Did I say I was having FUN with this????? I may have been mistaken :ROFLMAO::banghead::ROFLMAO::banghead::ROFLMAO::banghead:
You ARE having fun I can tell! But taking care of these fish is a lot of work...a labor of love and maybe some profit. It sounds like you have/will have a house full of babies!

My pair is cleaning still. I am supposed to pick up 12-14 stems of Anacharis from someone this week and Giant Vals next Saturday from a local hobbyist at the spring aquarium society auction. Ant then who knows what else I will come home with. Maybe a Pinoy variety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom