Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on the wrigglers... They have eyes lol how long till them become free swimmers ? I believe Thursday they become wrigglers

usually with in 5 to 8 days they will be swimming i start feeding mine 5 days after hatching

Right iv got a problem my heat in the tank with the wrigglers has stopped working :-( would it be save to move them back into the tank with the parents ?

Right iv got a problem my heat in the tank with the wrigglers has stopped working :-( would it be save to move them back into the tank with the parents ?

What you could do is put them (the fry) in a jar (1/2 or 1 gal. No smaller) with an airstone in the jar and place that jar in the parent's tank. This way, the fry are in their own water but being heated by the parent's water by being inside their tank. The best way, however, is to immediately replace the fawlty heater. (Here's a hint, always have extra heaters around just in case one goes out. ;))

If you can get a new heater tomorrow, the fry should be ok for the night if you just seal up the top of the tank and wrap the tank in a warm blanket. (This is a one night deal not a "until I get a heater sometime this week" scenario.

Yeah iv got them in half a coke bottle in the parents tank lol and yes deffo buying a new heater and a spare tonight lol it's strange how iv had 4 heaters brake on me in the last 2 or 3 months :-/

heaters can be a breeders worst nightmare. as me and andy know verry well. good advice stock up on a few. dont buy cheep.

i have actualy took a heating pad that i use for my sore back and put it under a big jar or a small tank for an overnight emergency

Tbf bob they weren't cheap ones either lol but having a lot of black outs in my village at the min so maybe something to do with that ? Just brought 4 new heaters lol only needed one but hey never no more heaters means more tanks lol,

Wrigglers have now moved on to free swimmers at some point to day so going to feed them there first bbs lasted :) shame it's only 2 baby angels tho

Tbf bob they weren't cheap ones either lol but having a lot of black outs in my village at the min so maybe something to do with that ? Just brought 4 new heaters lol only needed one but hey never no more heaters means more tanks lol,

Wrigglers have now moved on to free swimmers at some point to day so going to feed them there first bbs lasted :) shame it's only 2 baby angels tho

If you have a lot of blackouts, you might want to look into a battery back up plan that you plug your heaters only into or a better quality surge protector bar. This might save them. I know I'm using my old Eugene Danner Supreme heaters that were in my last hatchery in the 1980s. When we closed it, I scrounged up a whole bunch of them and brought them home. All I needed to do when I started using them again 2 years ago was clean the contact points. (y)

It's only since feb that my village has been having the problems, but will deffo look into a battery option for the heaters

And there at it again !!!! That's 9 days since the last lay !!

Attachments

• image-1729509031.jpg
    image-1729509031.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 57
Haha maybe mate, just uploading a vid to youtube now so ill post the link for ya so ya can get ya kicks ;-) lol

Haha maybe mate, just uploading a vid to youtube now so ill post the link for ya so ya can get ya kicks ;-) lol

Thanks. I can't wait to watch my own tho. :D

Quick update, the 2 black angels are now to the point where they are coming out to greet me in the morning and are watching me while I work at my workbench right behind the tank. They look like guard dogs waiting for me to drop something into their tank for them. :lol: I'm prepping the other tanks for my upcoming trip to find breeders (y)

cool andy i wis you could get some of my female koi i have 6 realy nice breeder females
Aquatic Connect this is a sight that i have a bunch of new pics on. im fish pimp there

cool andy i wis you could get some of my female koi i have 6 realy nice breeder females
Aquatic Connect this is a sight that i have a bunch of new pics on. im fish pimp there

I would have come and picked them up but I was just in AZ with a buddy from Denver and he said he came home on Mon. to snow!!!:eek: I came home on Mon. to 85 degrees. Much better ;) But if want to get out of your weather, with some fish, and come to FL........:brows:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom