Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually very surprised that the eggs are still there this morning. There's quite a few fish in there. Looks like I'll be investing in a few more 20gal tanks lol

Okay everybody, All together: More tanks, More tanks,.....You need more tanks :ROFLMAO: :lol:

Congrats Ray. (y) Yes, larger eggs will make for more easier fry to deal with. That will mean to be prepared with larger food (i.e BBS instead of micro foods) as the fry will need and can handle larger foods when they become free swimming than smaller fry can.

Good luck with them (y)

i could never have enough extra tanks. i just set up a 50 long for pleco breeding. i put a divider in and have a pair on each side. witch means time to set up pleco fry tanks also. ill have to take a trip out to the shed and see what all i can bring in and clean up and re- seal.

i could never have enough extra tanks. i just set up a 50 long for pleco breeding. i put a divider in and have a pair on each side. witch means time to set up pleco fry tanks also. ill have to take a trip out to the shed and see what all i can bring in and clean up and re- seal.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::lol::lol::D sorry :oops: I couldn't help it. That brought back many memories ( fond and nightmares :eek:)

lol i agree . well i just did a cool pwc on the new white ( hopefully ) pair so i will see if anything happens. if not then its off to the 75 to pick there mates. i have 2 -30 gallon tanks up and ready for them when they pair off. ill be shipping some baby orange pearl scale to North Carolina on Monday.

if anyone else wants any let me know. i also have some black but they have the broad floppy top fins

Well its official. Definitely another pair! Got my money's worth when I bought this 50 gallon with six angels in it. Got three pairs out of it.

Attachments

• image-228605495.jpg
    image-228605495.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 44
Well the eggs laid on the leaf are now gone. Happened about an 1 1/2 hr after the other pair laid their eggs. Not really to concerned yet as I now need to show my wife Andy's cheer and convince her that I need more tanks.

I'm not a supersticious person but it looks like the female Marble is ( knock on wood) over whatever she was suffering from cause today she was eating and taking names of anything that was getting in her way. Got my fingers and legs crossed that a spawn is just around the corner, poo, poo, poo. :D

I did a Bob today and did water changes on all my tanks. Unfortunately, the one KOI Veil pair I set up by themselves is not adjusting real well to the tank. It was the same tank that the Silvers were in and I just did a decent water change before I moved them into it. Hopefully after today's water change, they will act a little better.

HOWEVER, the tank of misfits and grow outs surprised me with the following: The pair of Marbles developed from a trio of Marbles-Gold/Marbles I picked up. Turned out to be 2 females and 1 male ( as I expected ;) ). I also picked up a Gold/ Marble and a Gold Angel with the trio and that was what was growing out. The Gold/ Marble has been showing all the external signs of being a male so I had "him" in with the 3rd Marble and the Gold. In the last few days however, "He" has been chunking up and today, I could see "his" bits and pieces and he's not a he and the chunking up was with eggs. So now I see the fish going after the Gold and being more tolerant of the marble. CRAP, just what I need, a mated pair of spawning females :( So I quickly added a Gold Marble I picked up on my trip up North that I'm 99.9% sure is a male ( always have to leave room for error ;) )right after I did the water change and added a second spawning slate to the tank. Since this fish is bigger than any of the fish in there, I'm figuring he will pick one of the females to spawn with ( and I know I would be asking too much for him to spawn with both females but I did put the slates fairly close to each other ;) ) And maybe the Gold will take on the other one (but I think he's too small still.) Fast forward about 3 hours from the water change and I go look at them at don;t you know both females are cleaning a site and not doing it together. Maybe I can get lucky and have that turn into a breeding trio as they are all a form of Gold/Marble so I don't care which one or both he chooses. Either way, it looks like the brothel is filling up. I might have to give myself the ol' tank cheer :s
I'll keep y'all posted ;)

I actually believe her to be a blue angel. When I moved her to my planted community tank I noticed a significant amount of blue in her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom