Wigglers At Last!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that. :( Unfortunately, that's the chances you take when letting the parents raise the fry. Realisticly, once the eggs hatch ( you don't need the parents for that either btw), the parents are really not necessary to the survival of the fry unless they are in a tank of other fish. And if they are, the other fish usally win...... eventually :facepalm:
Better luck next time (y)

The mom laid eggs last night? so that was prob why then, I'm going to remove mom&dad once they become wriggles

Also iv got another pair that have laid twice now and the male has done his deed, but the next day they've eaten them, I got them off a guy who said he never had any eggs and he had them from baby's himself,

yes i do, hence the new garage. i actually split up about 100 dime size today so they are full for now. i just repaired another 75 so in a couple days ill fill and check it for leaks.

So babies are all doing great!!! And i got a surprise from my cray!!! She is berried!!! It was given to me as a marbled so we will see if she really is!!

Pics of everyone!!! The cray babies will become food for the angels, as well as other fish at varying sizes...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130715_095526.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130715_095526.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 74
  • ForumRunner_20130715_095547.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130715_095547.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 62
  • ForumRunner_20130715_095612.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130715_095612.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 73
Current pic of new babies

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130715_095821.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130715_095821.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 65
  • ForumRunner_20130715_095943.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130715_095943.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 69
  • ForumRunner_20130715_100247.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130715_100247.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 66
Well my pearlscales ate the eggs again. So next time I will try artificially hatching them again. It's just so frustrating trying to get some baby angels. I don't remember it being this hard back in the late 80's and early 90's. it seemed to be so easy back then.

Well my pearlscales ate the eggs again. So next time I will try artificially hatching them again. It's just so frustrating trying to get some baby angels. I don't remember it being this hard back in the late 80's and early 90's. it seemed to be so easy back then.

Welcome to the world of the "NEW" Angelfish. :D I'm hoping myself that my old methods still work. If not, I will be looking kinda foolish on here. :eek: :D ( BTW, I know they still work :brows:, I taught them to a fellow AAer "down under" and buried him in baby fish. lol )

Just keep at it. What worked before will work again. (y)

Welcome to the world of the "NEW" Angelfish. :D I'm hoping myself that my old methods still work. If not, I will be looking kinda foolish on here. :eek: :D ( BTW, I know they still work :brows:, I taught them to a fellow AAer "down under" and buried him in baby fish. lol )

Just keep at it. What worked before will work again. (y)

Thanks Andy,

I appreciate all the support you give. This time when I artificially hatch the eggs I will use the peroxide instead of the methane blue. It's to hard to see the eggs and what needs to be done using the methane blue. I did a pwc on Sunday so they should be spawning any day now so we will see what happens.

My older babies are getting pelvis fins!!! The changes that their bodies go through as they grow is amazing!!!

Pics!!! My pair is getting ready 2 spawn again...

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130717_164434.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130717_164434.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 61
  • ForumRunner_20130717_164448.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130717_164448.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 61
Dont have another fry tank... moved the bigger fry today...im just gonna destroy the eggs for a few spawns.

I just both females i have lay eggs within 12 hours of each other. They both layed on removable peices in my tank so i pulled them and put them in my 10 gallon tank with methlyne blue and an air stone with a heater. Hopefully by Saturday i have wigglers. I just bought two 40g breeders at petco just in case.

so... seeing as im expecting cray babies in the coming weeks, could i feed very small/newborn crays to my bigger fry? im also going 2 talk to the woman at my lfs about buying some babies today i was gonna offer 3$ store credit as they sell them for about 7 each... does that seem fair? or should i ask more since its for store cred?

so... seeing as im expecting cray babies in the coming weeks, could i feed very small/newborn crays to my bigger fry? im also going 2 talk to the woman at my lfs about buying some babies today i was gonna offer 3$ store credit as they sell them for about 7 each... does that seem fair? or should i ask more since its for store cred?

I would bring them a sample or send them a pic of your fish and ask THEM what they would pay you. If they give you a cash offer, ask if they would give you more for store credit instead. You have to remember that they buy from a steady source so they may pay more for that privilage. At the moment, you are not a steady supplier so they are taking a chance of losing money on your fish with no recourse if they don't sell or they die. There is also a lot to consider in the mark up on fish (i.e. food, meds, upkeep, etc.) so what they sell for is not always a good reference to what they pay. Livestock pricing is very different from merchandise pricing.

Hope this helps (y)

Ok... thanx guys!!! Eating now then headed 2 talk to her. I have pics in my phone of parents and old and new fry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom