Wild life photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a small pond. This was taken last year. I put the gator in there. But I have not seen it in a good while. We are about 5 mi from water (river). I think its still there but not sure. IMG_20130430_102623_301.jpg

We have a small pond. This was taken last year. I put the gator in there. But I have not seen it in a good while. We are about 5 mi from water (river). I think its still there but not sure. View attachment 297659

OMGG so that was crazy, if it isn't in there it is roving around somewhere!!!!!
:shocked!: I grew up with Rattlesnakes and Black Widow Spiders and eathquakes no big deal. One of my early childhood memories is almost stepping on a rattlesnake as I trotted out the back door, probably a 3 year old (don't know for sure). And was instructed to always watch for them first! Mom chopped its head off with the shovel. They liked to sun themselves on the cement porch which faced West.

Here is a nice little fella found in my garden last year. Also found a huge yellow mud Turtle - someone in the fam got a pic, I will have to see who.
60074-albums14653-picture71094.jpg

OMGG so that was crazy, if it isn't in there it is roving around somewhere!!!!!
:shocked!: I grew up with Rattlesnakes and Black Widow Spiders and eathquakes no big deal. One of my early childhood memories is almost stepping on a rattlesnake as I trotted out the back door, probably a 3 year old (don't know for sure). And was instructed to always watch for them first! Mom chopped its head off with the shovel. They liked to sun themselves on the cement porch which faced West.

Here is a nice little fella found in my garden last year. Also found a huge yellow mud Turtle - someone in the fam got a pic, I will have to see who.
60074-albums14653-picture71094.jpg
Thats good picture..maybe a garder snake??

I constantly have to tell my boy to pay attention. We are littered with diamond back. Killed a few in 8 ft range.

Yes, no big other than it was annoyed by me wanting to capture it. I told him he had to be seen by every one so we don't have any one kill it. The cat killed a 3' Garter Snake and brought it to the porch for us one day. Thanks a lot kitty, rather you catch mice.

I haven't seen a Rattler around us since I have been in CO. I am pretty sure I heard one one day, but not seen any.

We have seen all kinds, but I don't love snakes. No thank you to Water moccasins.
#terrified never going swimming in the South!

Nursed a Garter snake back to health after it got nicked with the riding mower. Then found him again one day about a year later as I saw his scar. Told him he better stay clear of the mower!!!

Cutest snake I ever found (a couple actually) the cat was chewing on something at night when I had drove up and discovered a adorable little Texas Blind Snake, about a 5" and found another a few days later little like 3", had to get them away from the house and put out to the woods to stay away from the cat.

Wish I had taken a pic of them!

Wish too I could find the pic of a young Racoon who was raiding the cat food in the sun room with his 2 brothers on a regular basis.

Here is a squirrel at a medical facility, so glad they squirrel proofed the feeder with that wire.
60074-albums14653-picture71096.jpg

Love the Potbelly Pig & 2 pigs pics

Kinda neat picture. Im sure not everyone has seen a pied deer. This was actually hit on hwy. Boy had to be in there lol 20141115_112417.jpg

I love all insects....but there may be one exception. Love bugs IMG_20130908_125040_789.jpg

Don't know about love bugs, all we have are these annoying stinky ladybugs!1491749978439.jpg

I've been waiting while you all posted these cool pics, and the only wildlife I've seen was my 9yr old daughter! Lol

Don't know about love bugs, all we have are these annoying stinky ladybugs!View attachment 297695

I've been waiting while you all posted these cool pics, and the only wildlife I've seen was my 9yr old daughter! Lol
Tremendously beneficial pest though. They consume lots of aphids as well as white fly and lace bug larva here in Florida.

We have several yearly releases by the University of Florida. People dislike them here because they love to winter inside our homes. Years ago I saw a home with thousands in a unused bedroom with a window ac unit.

Not exactly wildlife....here some of my yard birds

As good as any watch dog
IMG_20131110_102506_448.jpg

Not exactly wildlife....here some of my yard birds

As good as any watch dog
View attachment 297710

Guinea Hens ?? I am told they keep away snakes???

We raised Pigeons and ate Squab all the time, and Dove (not too much worth to eat but breast meat). Rabbit fur makes me sneeze! Being self sustaining is awesome! Grandparents raised Chukars for food and sheep. Other side raised everything on a ranch. Lots of work, ranching and farming.

What....we aint good enough for you to share your experience, thoughts, opinions, and knowledge.

Let me restate that. I started reading through a bunch of forums when I came back to the hobby. Initially, the"other place" was interesting to me. I have realized that my appreciation of the hobby is a little different than theirs. I think this site is tremendous because of it's diversity. In terms of sharing, I'm all about it. I generally only comment if I believe I have real knowledge. The rest of the time I am learning.

Back
Top Bottom