Wild life photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nicely camouflaged

Super adorable.

15559664361_dddcfb23ce_z.jpg

33960557766_818bbb0e90_c.jpg

13972447936_e5ef748dc4_c.jpg

A swan, a red kite and a green shield bug.
Uk wildlife! All taken very close to home.

Great shots!!!

Do feral cats count? We've been working wition. She's a real bird killer so she needs to set up shop somewhere without all the birds we draw to our yard. View attachment 298093

And 2 very wary doves stopping for a bite. View attachment 298094

Blasted cats! The Doves have heard stories of your feral cat!

First time I heard LD (as in LD50) testing mentioned here. Neat.
Found this fellow washed up in the beach after a storm. I picked it up with some driftwood and released it in the waves:
0nER5gy.jpg
yRyc2kV.jpg

Very cool find!

BLEH
Shield bugs are so disgusting though lol
Spectacular photos what do you use?

I love my bugs! Crazy little creatures. They count as animals too!(y)

Sigma 150mm f2.8 EX DG OS HSM Macro Lens
Camera D3100
Green shield.

AF-S VR ZOOM-NIKKOR 70-300MM F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
Camera D3100
Swan.

AF-S VR ZOOM-NIKKOR 70-300MM F/4.5-5.6G IF-ED
Camera D7100
Red kite.

The lens names are impossibly long but that's what the manufacturers decided to call them.

Looking for a lift? What sort is it?

I've been looking out for Australian wildlife. Never bothered before and now when I am, it's all vanished.

One thing I learned, the wildlife comes to you! You just need to be armed with a camera. My most successful missions were when I didn't go specifically hunting wildlife shots.

They are neat birds. This was a juvenile without his colors yet. But he had plenty of attitude to tell me he didn't want me so close to his feeder.

A hummingbird got stuck in the house today! It was well after dark when hummingbirds should be asleep. The poor thing panicked and wouldn't fly downwards the two feet it would have taken to get out the doorway. He just kept ramming himself into the ceiling and no matter what we tried we couldn't get him outside until he exhausted himself so much he had to rest. Left tiny specks of blood all over the ceiling, the poor thing. There have been hummingbirds living in our yard for at least 10 years now and this is the first time something like this has happened. The hummingbird and I were much too panicked for pictures. I hope he makes it.

If that ever happens again try to cut a shrub or small tree branch with leaves. Put it in and open doorway or window. They will recognize the familiar perch and will usually land on it or approach and see outside where there are more and exit.

I think it so crazy when birds run into stuff. Ive seen them fly into side of our house and just wonder....what the lol

If that ever happens again try to cut a shrub or small tree branch with leaves. Put it in and open doorway or window. They will recognize the familiar perch and will usually land on it or approach and see outside where there are more and exit.
Thank you, sounds like a good idea. I did try putting a vase of flowers in the doorway (what I had on hand) but I imagine that is not the same.
Usually the hummingbirds seem so bold and smart! They like to cheep at me as I garden if I get too close to "their" plants.

We have had them wander into the house when they are gathering webs for nesting and my hubbie works in a open warehouse where they fly in sometimes. This usually gets them moving the right direction.

Ya...my cat gets more than id like. But I suspect its not a huge dent in population lol
Domesticated and feral cats are driving some species of song bird to extinction. It's actually a pretty serious problem.
I think it so crazy when birds run into stuff. Ive seen them fly into side of our house and just wonder....what the lol
My in-laws put UV stickers in their windows. That helped a lot.

We are in bird lovers paradise here lol. Nothing to see a dozen at a time on each feeder. So many cardinals.
I can imagine in the suburbs or city cats could put a dent in population. Cats fairly rare where we live compared to suburbs. We dont have strays they wouldn't last long lol.

think I figured out why my dogs won't go outside and they got good reason
this guy has been stalking us almost a week he must be 300+lbs
think it's time to call D O W to have him removed he already climbed up my garage roof once,

APLLgJT.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom