Wild life photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
first sighting of mountain lion of-course didn't have camera handy , hiking our property heard a limb snap looked up oh what a beautiful sight , just kept on our way like we didn't see him . next time I'll be sure I have my camera with me ,

638fd9f674823db3a5eab68f8ab85451.jpg

wow that is a big guy just looking at the print I'd guess around 250lbs

I'm still waiting for the moose that was spotted on the south side of Mt Evans maybe he will wander our way now that would be some nice picts

Last edited:

T, spiders are good! They eat flies and mosquitos. Most of them want nothing to do with you, and they help humans out a lot.

We have a robin's nest on the light by our patio door. I haven't been able to get a picture because of the screen in the window and the whole flying away if I open the door thing.

Awe, Robins are funny birds!

Funny bird story. I have one child who always finds sick birds, baby birds that fell out of the nest, etc. Last she week she visits and says I did it again there is a baby bird out on the sidewalk do you have an old towel...

We get the bird very young, its cool wind but not too cold overall, we warm baby bird. Try to find a nest as t is30-50' from any tree or structure. We decide it is in a tree by the garage. Momma Dove sitting on the worst nest, previous one was blew out of tree, it now looks like a little snack plate, flat no sides - no wonder it fell out. We devise a way to put an unused nest sized basket into the tree and tie down cross tie, etc so the baby won't fall out.

Momma flies off and we get up there only to find that the baby birds are 2/3rds grown doves, not a baby bird the size of 2 fingers!!! Then we find a different tree, correct sized birds and get it into the nest! OMGG!

Cool thread!

I tried to call that turkey in a little closer, but he had his eye on a pretty lady on the other side of him...

Attachments

• 20170527_201350.jpg
    20170527_201350.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20170414_145930.jpg
    20170414_145930.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20131.jpg
    IMG_20131.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 20170611_145604.jpg
    20170611_145604.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 50
Today I got a similar but better pic of a Swallowtail butterfly in the yard - if you can click the bar for the full image it shows better the hairs on the body and the dots of color in the wings around the red orange and blue at the bottom of the tail.
60074-albums14653-picture71218.jpg

Last edited:
when we first saw these nests we thought busy bee's but nope busy bird's never seen nests like this all mud
5sM376y.jpg

bZIHD6m.jpg

kz4Fcdv.jpg

3qEenSq.jpg

Here is a pic of the river where we were camping two weeks ago in the early morning. There were a few deer running through the camp too about dusky dark that night. Didn't have time to snap a pic of them though.
IMG_5775.jpg
The camper. I really like that camper. We have only had it a year and already pulled it about 3,000 miles.
IMG_5801.jpg

Back
Top Bottom