Worm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breezyrae

Aquarium Advice Freak
Good evening all ?
During feeding, I noticed this almost clear looking thing coming out of the rock. I would like to know if it's harmful or not. I've had 3 chromis completely disappear, but all other fish seem to be okay. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421107178.638330.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421107201.279455.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421107226.645389.jpg
Thanks you in advance for any help or info!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hard to say from the picture, but if you put something in there and touch it, you can judge by how fast it recoils whether or not it's a fish killer. If it's slow like an earthworm, it's not going to catch healthy fish.
Also, at the mouth end, do you see any sort of prominent jaws?

Nah, it looked cylindrical, almost like maybe a suction cup ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1421111999.876430.jpg
I didn't see any tentacles or anything coming out of its mouth area. It was slithering around, and at times it looked like it was trying to suck on the rock.

I highly doubt this is the reason your chromis died. Worms may be the reason you couldn't find the remains however.

Mr X, as always thankyou! Truly appreciate your insight. I wish I could post a video from my iPhone, it's just sooo weird. I ordered a red lens flashlight so I can see wtf is going in there at night. Honestly I had a bristle worm outbreak a year or two ago, and haven't seen anything like them or this since.

You can post a video. Just open a free account with a remote date storage provider like photobucket. You can upload your video to there and link us to it.

Oh wow!! Okay thank you! I'm going to try it now!

Mr X- sorry for the delay, as I downloaded the photo bucket app for my phone, and it backed up all my pics, but can't find my videos, I will post as soon as I figure out how to! Sorry!

CCXGT thanks! Yeah? it's the weirdest thing! I've googled and googled and just can't really place what it is. ?

CCXGT thanks! Yeah? it's the weirdest thing! I've googled and googled and just can't really place what it is. ?

Probably just 'one of those reef things'...

I'm drawing a blank as well. Here is a good reference, and as a matter of fact, I had a crab I couldn't identify, so I emailed these folks and they gave me a positive I.D.
Worm Hitch Hikers

It's worth a shot.

Thanks Mr. X! Yeah I've been on multiple hitchhiker ID sites and don't see anything similar(atleast I don't think I do) I'm most certainly going to try to email them when I get home from work.

Lol ccxgt hopefully it won't be harmful and grow into a monster. I don't know how long it's been in there either.

Lol ccxgt hopefully it won't be harmful and grow into a monster. I don't know how long it's been in there either.

Next thing you know you have one of those 4ft worms crawling around.. Haha.

Haaaa!!! Oh I hope not! I'd probably pass the *¥£>^*£ out! I know I spooked it tho, cuz it hasn't come back out, it's probably slithering somewhere I can't see

Haaaa!!! Oh I hope not! I'd probably pass the *¥£>^*£ out! I know I spooked it tho, cuz it hasn't come back out, it's probably slithering somewhere I can't see

I just dipped my Shrooms, haven't seen the worm since... Probably managed to get inside one of them and is eating the insides...

The worm that came from outer space! It's crazy cuz I dipped my rocks to get rid of some hair algae and re-aquascaped and it made it through all of that. Hopefully whatever we have is safe lol

Back
Top Bottom