Wow they can't be serious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it's done by feed then that would be fairly natural, and harmless to the fish, as in the Bird world some food makes them colour up with no consequences........

A good food will allow a fish to show his best.
Not color up like pics.
What is so wrong in this case is there are really red arros so some dumb bunny could easily be fooled/lied to/or just assume(they do this I hear)!

The next issue I have with the pic is the pricing of the fish.
$100 for silver(no extra work involved)
$89 for colored version????
They are worth less to me but why in the world would you do it and then sell for less??

A good food will allow a fish to show his best.
Not color up like pics.
What is so wrong in this case is there are really red arros so some dumb bunny could easily be fooled/lied to/or just assume(they do this I hear)!

The next issue I have with the pic is the pricing of the fish.
$100 for silver(no extra work involved)
$89 for colored version????
They are worth less to me but why in the world would you do it and then sell for less??

2 excellent points! I too turn different colors when I eat really good buffalo wings!! And why o why would you put forth extra time and effort for less profit??? are they taking culls and dying them? They just playing g*d and standing back in silent amazement?? Stinks..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If it's done by feed then that would be fairly natural, and harmless to the fish, as in the Bird world some food makes them colour up with no

With fish it's not like the red factor canaries. I feed red enhancing color flakes and well I don't usually see a ton of difference and I'm feeding red guppies. With the canaries their color changes a lot depending on the food. I don't know why it affects the birds so much but I just don't see the same results with the fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was just trying to make a point that there is ways of enhancing colour without using what should be illegal and harmful to fish, brennae, feeding takes too long for the these criminals to make.... money.........

And I was trying to say that I don't see good results with color enhancing food with the fish. Yes I agree injecting any animal with color enhancing dye should be illegal unless it's a human getting a tattoo or a cat or dog to signify that the animal has been neutered and even then it should be done with the animal is under anesthesia

I wouldn't be surprised if they inject more blue in burundi fronts.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have the time, this is a good read, Color enhancement, explained | Sonny's Fish Room

^^Nice link!!^^

I am going to pass on this Brennae, it's not worth the effort, you have misconstrued that I am actually on your side on this topic.......

Not fanning the flames(honest).
What have you added to food to promote color?

I use Astaxanthin powder myself with my fry.

brennae IMO Ricky wasn't implying coloring foods/flakes worked at all.
My favorite was actually rated very low in prepared food crude analysis.

But some things like the Astaxanthin powder are good stuff!(y)

I myself take little stock in 'color enhancing' foods.

Thanks cb, it's no good trying to colour a fish that are already a good colour, you have to think outside the box, i.e., Rams, Angels, Discuss etc, it will just enhance the colour and make them more vibrant, axtaxanthin and carotenoids,actually will work, it just takes time......

I was just trying to say that with red factor canaries if not fed color enhancing food they will lose a good deal of their beautiful red hue. I don't find it true with fish. I think most color enhancing foods dont work on fish but they work on the canaries. I have not researched why so I can't comment further on that.

It's highly possible I misunderstood and/or due to skimming misread what was being said. Reading something and hearing it said are so different and I am not always sure how to take people on the net. Also I couldn't understand where buffalo wings came into play but Brookster cleared that up. I did get defensive on that because I thought it was meant to be an insult.

Now this is bad... so stupid.

Attachments

• 1443251362974.jpg
    1443251362974.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 62
I was just trying to say that with red factor canaries if not fed color enhancing food they will lose a good deal of their beautiful red hue. I don't find it true with fish. I think most color enhancing foods dont work on fish but they work on the canaries. I have not researched why so I can't comment further on that.

I don't agree... Fish colors are affected quite a bit by diet, you can observe this usually in reds... That seems to be a color that will deepen or fade depending on diet.

Now this is bad... so stupid.

Yeah... Thats bad

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree... Fish colors are affected quite a bit by diet, you can observe this usually in reds... That seems to be a color that will deepen or fade depending on diet.

Yeah... Thats bad

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

It's my experience that fish who are fed a quality diet have nice colors versus fish who are fed off brand garbage. It's also my personal experience that when I added a quality brand red enhancing fish food to the rotation it didn't make a difference in the coloring of my red guppies. I have no scientific evidence or whatever. I'm just not convinced that the red enhancing foods available at the lfs make much of a difference if the fish are fed a quality diet to begin with.

Stopped into a store today and found this...

Sent from my 5560S using Aquarium Advice mobile app

What's next? Short body. ....balloon arowana's.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sadly a fish store near me had I can't remember what fish but it was tattooed with hearts. It's disgusting what they do to animals. I stopped shopping at that store.

Back
Top Bottom