yellow lab holding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Island_Emt

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think so...what do you think?

She's not eating much or not at all and stays by herself alot. I attached a couple of pics.

Attachments

• IMG_20110701_190134.jpg
    IMG_20110701_190134.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_20110701_190112.jpg
    IMG_20110701_190112.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 104
Thanks hukit. Never saw it in person so wanted to be sure.
Hopefully I can get a tank set up for her in time.

What would you do?
Its been about 5 days since I confirmed shes holding and probably a few days or so before I posted. Say she's around the 10 day mark. I just got a new 10g to use for a fry tank. Here's by dilemma.....I can get the 10 set up tonight using a sponge filter which has been running in my sump, and also spare filter pad media which is in the sump, and also a pouch of crushed coral. Trying to get the most beneficial bacteria possible. I'm leaving for vacation friday morning.

Would you leave mom in main tank and hope for survivors or would you move mom to the 10g tonight?

Thanks

Thanks....if I leave her in there think she'll be ok stress wise? I read that its rough on her trying to protect fry.

I have between 7-10 holding mbuna per month, I no longer save their fry and I don't really see any unusual stress on the females after they spit. In my tanks the fry are so quickly dispatched I don't think they know what hit them.

Back
Top Bottom