Yet another new member :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abbysue

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I'm very happy to be joining this forum - seems to have a lot of active members with very practical advice.
We currently have two 20 gallon tanks - one with goldfish, and one with barbs - both seem to be doing well.
What led me to find this group is a recent gift of a large aquarium and stand - the tank is 36Lx16Dx20T. I have already posted elsewhere, looking for advice for what in the world should I use for a hood/canopy, but if anyone sees this and has advice, please feel free to share it. I plan on trying cichlids with this tank, and will be reading the cichlid forum avidly.
As well as fish, I maintain a husband, son, 3 dogs, 1 corn snake and a garden. The house gets very little maintenance :)

Pleased to meet you all -
Susan

abbysue said:
Hello, I'm very happy to be joining this forum - seems to have a lot of active members with very practical advice.
We currently have two 20 gallon tanks - one with goldfish, and one with barbs - both seem to be doing well.
What led me to find this group is a recent gift of a large aquarium and stand - the tank is 36Lx16Dx20T. I have already posted elsewhere, looking for advice for what in the world should I use for a hood/canopy, but if anyone sees this and has advice, please feel free to share it. I plan on trying cichlids with this tank, and will be reading the cichlid forum avidly.
As well as fish, I maintain a husband, son, 3 dogs, 1 corn snake and a garden. The house gets very little maintenance :)

Pleased to meet you all -
Susan

Welcome!
Sounds like you a 40g breeder tank. For a lid I would just go to petco in person or online and get one. They sell the all glass version not sure about others.

Back
Top Bottom