Yet another question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcala

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm like 8 weeks in or something by now, these API test piss me off on the color chart cause I'm practically color blind -.-

image-2779476281.jpg

Yes i know I spilled some in the processes of "looking down the tube for better color look" where am I at In the cycle? And my tap water levels are

image-3889899147.jpg

I do water changes every day I uses API tap conditioner one day then PRIME the next change ? Please tell me I'm close to being done

Help! I gotta go to work soon! Haha

Your tap water has less nitrate and nitrite than you tanks.
The tanks ammonia is down to 0 or almost 0. The nitrite is still around 1-2 ppm. The nitrate is around 10-20 ppm.
The nitrites and nitrates are around the middle.
0 ppm nitrite is light blue
0 ppm nitrate is yellowish

Your tap water has less nitrate and nitrite than you tanks.
The tanks ammonia is down to 0 or almost 0. The nitrite is still around 1-2 ppm. The nitrate is around 10-20 ppm.
The nitrites and nitrates are around the middle.
0 ppm nitrite is light blue
0 ppm nitrate is yellowish

So like you said before I'm close? I'm very impatient with this cycle. It just seems so long of a cycle and the colors are hard for me to read!

Side note: saw you're from jersey? I'm in south Nj

So like you said before I'm close? I'm very impatient with this cycle. It just seems so long of a cycle and the colors are hard for me to read!

Side note: saw you're from jersey? I'm in south Nj

Sweet. We got another jersey guy. ;)
I'm in nj.
The nitrite and nitrates are around the middle area so that means they are not really bad but not all the way safe yet. When you think it's ready to have fish, send me a pic and I'll see if its good.

Sweet. We got another jersey guy. ;)
I'm in nj.
The nitrite and nitrates are around the middle area so that means they are not really bad but not all the way safe yet. When you think it's ready to have fish, send me a pic and I'll see if its good.

That's the thing it's a fish in cycle I didn't learn about a fishless cycle till I ran into problems

Oh. Are the fish still dieing? Having fish in can speed the cycle up but you need very hardy fish like mollies.

Fish arent dying off anymore I lost 2 or 3 platties but they seemed to be sick when I got them. I have 4 mollies 1 platies 1 dwarf gromi (how ever it's called) and a black ghost knife( I know gonna get huge)

Fish arent dying off anymore I lost 2 or 3 platties but they seemed to be sick when I got them. I have 4 mollies 1 platies 1 dwarf gromi (how ever it's called) and a black ghost knife( I know gonna get huge)

The BGK doesn't kill the other fish!! It's prob a dwarf gourami you are talking about.

The BGK doesn't kill the other fish!! It's prob a dwarf gourami you are talking about.

Haha I never said it was gonna kill the other fish? They all live very peacefully together, and yea the gourami!

I'm really surprised the BGK is nice to the other fish. How big is it right now?

5 inches? Maybe more or less? He's actually scared of my mollies he wants nothing to do with them he chills in his PVC pipe or the hut

Sweet, the jersey crew is bigger lol. My old NHL was pretty friendly XD I don't think he could afford to be aggressive with my Oscar though.. Hehe.

Alright my fellow New Jersey peeps, checked my levels today
Ammonia- 0-.25
Nitrites- 0
Nitrates - 5-10
AM I CYCLED :-D???

Pctures

Attachments

• image-471935875.jpg
    image-471935875.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 29
  • image-3613888280.jpg
    image-3613888280.jpg