yet another stocking Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duugong

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok i am currently moving the fish from my 20 gallon into an approx 44 gallon. i am going to leave 6 neons and a CAE in the 20 would hatchets be suibtable or is the tank to small, also i am worried about my cae becoming agressive and was going to take it back. Am i right to be concerned? if so what would be a good small algae eater/cleaner

The CAE will become aggressive as it gets older. Otos are good small algae eater, I would put 3 of them in your 30 gal. I believe the hatchets would fit in fine in the tank. How many were you looking at keeping.

6 would work fine in your 20. I would take back the cae and get some ottos. Just like Zagz suggests.

thnks for the advice, now comes the fun part of trying to find some, havnt seen any hatchets or oto's in my LFS

They may be hard to find, is there an aquarium society near you? Sometimes the best way to find fish is to check with them if available. Purchasing fish online can be quite expensive.

upon a bit of research it is apparent that hatchet fish are practically impossible to get hold of. i was particuarly interested in them ad they are active top dwellers, what others could fulfil this role in my tank??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom