Yet Another Stocking Question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClamKnuckle

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Sorry if I'm boring everyone with a stocking question! I have a 12 gal nano cycling right now....about 21/22 pounds of LR in the tank and LR rubble in the back compartments

I really like the way the LR looks and want some suggestions of fish that will be active swimming through out the holes/caves/tunnels of the rock. My plan was to have clown fish but I am shying away from that idea for something more active (and hopefully still colorful)

If been reading through other posts as well as looking for suggestions for fish online such as this:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=2124

I would also like to have a cleaner shrimp, but not sure of the other members of the clean up crew...any suggestions to the type/amount there? I figured i would get some blue leg hermits again because i liked them from tanks in my past, but not sure of the number, and not sure at all about the snail situation on a tank this small.

Thanks in advance!

Don't worry about asking tons of stocking questions. I like them and it is very important to get the right critter, so you are doing a great job. Those nano fish are great, what sparks your interest?
The clean up crew, in a new tank, should be pretty small (remember, you can alway add more). I would start off with maybe 5-10 snails and a hermit or two (make sure you have larger empty shell for them to grow into). Personally I like the nassarius and cerith snails. Turbos are good too. A cleaner shrimp would be good too.

I've done salt water tanks in the past...I had a 90 gallon reef and a 55 FOWLR in the past. I've moved since then and haven't had a SW tank in over a year, and I missed it so much I couldn't stay away any longer. I don't have room in my apartment for anything big, so I decided to go the nano route and see how it works out for me.

I've had turbo snails before, but I think they get too big IMO for the look of a nano. I never had nassarius snails before, maybe I'll throw a few of them in there if I can find any locally (deliveries at my building are a PITA as it is, I couldn't even imagine trying to get a live delivery!) I've also had Astraea, Margarita, Cerith, and Abalone snails, but with all those different types (along with hermits) in the tank it's hard to tell who is doing the best job!

I have 6 thorny astera snails as a clean up crew . With a lawnmower blenny and a tuxdeo urchin I don't need more (except a few nassarius for the sand shifting)

Back
Top Bottom