Your favorite/coolest plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice Plants Old Scales

Here's two of my favorites. I ordered them from Tropica in the UK. I have several more "Favorites" but I love all of them(except HC Dwarf Baby Tears-PITA algae magnets).
Ammania Bonsaii(Rotala Indica) behind Alternanthera Reineki 'mini'.

Just reveiwed your photoalbum and I really like your plants.

They're too much trouble for me (at the moment anyway) so I just use the fake silk ones. But I really admire planted tanks.

BTW: So you have both cannister and HOB on your 30 gallon ???????? is that due to CO2 system.

Thank you for the compliment. I'm no artist when it comes to aquascaping. As you could see, my tank went through stages as I learned from others in here. Thank goodness for Rivercats and other wonderful people in here.
I don't have CO2. I use Glut(Metricide 14) for carbon. I use PPS-Pro for ferts. I tried a small Fluval CO2 set up once but it was too hard to adjust and the little bottles are too expensive. I use two filters for extra cleaning and BB. Also if one ever quits I have the other to rely on until it's fixed. Take care, OS.

Here are some new pics of my plants

Attachments

• image-268359852.jpg
    image-268359852.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 49
  • image-2719928370.jpg
    image-2719928370.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 54
My favorite plants are Red Nesaea.. I have them in all my tanks... I love the way this plant looks with its deep red and orange colors.. I also love Water sprite.. I never heard of it until the other day and I got one from a place called Pet land.. Its HUGE and looks awesome... I also love Water Wisteria looks similar to the water spite.. First pic is a giant wisteria on the very right corner and the middle bush is my water sprite I bought. Second and third pics is of my red nesaea

img_2643612_0_5560b0b5abf45e563c98499fbb227399.jpg

img_2643612_1_286a789b65964ea138e8e44ac52e1d6c.jpg

img_2643612_2_458ce0b673a7c053de7e87f0638d6a76.jpg

Ok I really do like that red plant I'm trying to convince my grandma into getting live plants and replacing the fake ones

My favorite plant has to downoi...I haven't kept it before but is on the top of my list for plants that I want

Can you post a pic it'd be great if you could if you can't it's all good

Ok I really do like that red plant I'm trying to convince my grandma into getting live plants and replacing the fake ones

If you do get live ones.. The red ones in my picture are called red nesaea.. Not that expensive but to keep the red color your gonna need good lighting and ferts... Even with my duel T5's the plant is maintining its deep red but on new growth its more like a deep orange now.. Based on your tanks pictures you use 2 T8 lamps. one on each side seems like you have a pink bulb on one side and a white on the other.. It would be best if you got 2 floramax bulbs.. But I wouldn't get colored plants until you upgrade lighting

I honestly don't know what I have lol but I have several plants that are high maintenance

Back
Top Bottom