Your Favorite "Eels"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PoseidonCichlid

Aquarium Advice Activist
My favorite eel-like fish are Dojo loaches, Kuhli loaches, and the many spiny eel species. What are yours? True eels count too, I'd love to know what everyone else out there is keeping nowadays, thanks.

I love my dojo loaches. I had 3 and one escaped I thought he was just hiding somewhere until I found his body under my dresser! :-( so now I keep a very close eye on them! Just yesterday when I was checking on them I saw my smaller loach totally buried underneath the sand except for his head. That is the first time I have ever seen them do that it was so cool. They are by far my favorite!

I love my kuhlis but my favorite is my Senegal bichir

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

What kind of eel is that

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

My personal favorite is the Peacock Eel,Peacock Eels are active,never hide (Well,after the first day they won't),are fun to watch,never nip fins,and are by far one of my favorite aquarium fish i have ever owned.

I love my dojo loaches. I had 3 and one escaped I thought he was just hiding somewhere until I found his body under my dresser! :-( so now I keep a very close eye on them! Just yesterday when I was checking on them I saw my smaller loach totally buried underneath the sand except for his head. That is the first time I have ever seen them do that it was so cool. They are by far my favorite!
I've had a dojo go COMPLETELY into the sand exept for his mouth,it was seiriously cool,he looked like a little sarlacc :).

I have a couple of Tanganykian spiny eels, a plagiostoma and an odd one I've never found a solid ID for. Both are small, maybe 7-8" long, and unlike other spiny eels they don't jump out of any available opening in the cover.

I have a couple of Tanganykian spiny eels, a plagiostoma and an odd one I've never found a solid ID for. Both are small, maybe 7-8" long, and unlike other spiny eels they don't jump out of any available opening in the cover.

My eel has never tried to get out of my tank. I didn't think that happened unless the eels aren't comfortable in the tank.

May the force be with you.

I've had spiny eels bail, though only in the beginning. I think they are most prone to jumping in the first week. Is this anyone else's experience?

Back
Top Bottom