Your favorite fish behaviors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Danno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I can't be the only one who loves watching your fish, so what are some of the cool things your favorite fish do?

Well I really enjoy watching fish during feeding time...sometimes it seems as if they all attack the food but they are taking turns at attacking to break it up for each other...its amazing to watch...

I was just thinking about this the other day. I use a python water changer, at some point a few pieces of carbon got in my gravel bed and a small piece of carbon was stuck in the entrance to the python but wouldn't get sucked through or fall out. 2 of my angels spent the whole 10-15 min trying to get that piece of carbon through the plastic python tube, it was pretty cute.

That's awsome! I got a pretty large mystery snail and it is way cool to watch :fish2:

Danno said:
That's awsome! I got a pretty large mystery snail and it is way cool to watch :fish2:

Mystery snails are my favorite!!! Old babies like.. Kidney bean sized are really awesome to watch too!!! I can actually see through its shell and see what I assume is the swim bladder pumping while it moves.

While feeding my fish in the morning, I have my coffee and find this so relaxing. I have 2 red finned otos and it so funny to watch them,(they are really fast!), they swim up and scare the corys or shrimp! They are not nipping or anything, they are like drunk drivers and don't know where they are going!

I love watching my fish! My boyfriend gets weirded out when I watch for too long. But before feeding time we will say hello to everyone and I just love watching my Gouramis sticking their feelers out to touch our finger or each other. Its very cute!

I like to call my rainbowfish crackheads because they are definitely energetic! They're fun to watch just swimming and playing. But my most favorite thing is how they follow anyone who walks by. They're in a high traffic area of the house so they do this often. It's really cute!

I love watching my cories playing in the bubbles. I have 2 bubble stones,1 one on either side of the back wall of my tank and they love swimminng through them because it shoots them to the top of the tank. Too cute :D

I love how smart my angelfish are. They know exactly what the food containers look like and they will actually follow your hand if you wave them around:)

My dwarf gourami loves to surf the current too! He will fight really hard against the current and get right to the point where he would cross it and then just lets go and wooooosh! Across to the other side. He does this for an hour or more a day lol

I get a kick out of my Cories. They swim around, up and down, all over my tank at top speed and do circles around each other. It's really funny because sometimes they run into each other and all the sudden it's a four Cory pile up.

One of the funny gross things my angels do is follow each other around while one is popping and attempt to eat it while still attached to the fish.. Totally gross but funny to watch lol

That's is pretty gross haha my Molly is a food hog. Always the first one to the food and the last to leave.

My golden dojo loaches and ghost shrimp are by far the best entertainers in my tank. The loaches speed race from one end of the tank to the other, intertwine and do a couple circles, then back to the other side of the tank. The ghost srimp will walk right across the top of these guys (who, so far, show no interest in tasting them....hope that ever changes), but head for the earest hidey hole when they see a guppy coming. Haha! Too funny.

All of my fish like to follow my fingers when I trace circles on their glass, it's adorable. I like watching my bettas and gouramis snap at the surface whan I give them flakes. It's a toss up- my fiddler crabs antics are absolutely hilarious or the carnal attacking that my puffer is notorious for (NOTHING stays alive for more than a week in that tank unless they are inside something. He also bites me to get me in 2 situations- when he wants me to drop his food (table shrimp) he will bite my fingers. The other is when I move things in his tank and he doesn't like it. He is also a sulky angry little one. I love him. He's the best, most personable fish I have... The meanest too.

Here you go- just took these last night!!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130115_121746.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130115_121746.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20130115_121801.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130115_121801.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom