Zach's 20 gal long build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Torch corals look just like anemones, but they are a little bit harder corals than Frogspawn. Frogspawns need stable tank parameters and medium lighting.

Try something in the octocoral category, like waving hand (anthellia). It is EAASY to grow and clowns like hosting in it.

Shown is a basketball size example of waving hand in my reef with two clowns living in it. This colony started 9 months ago as just three strands. All grown under the LEDs.

Attachments

• image-1154298247.jpg
    image-1154298247.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 97
2 clowns will be my first fish, the frogspawn or waving hand will be my first coral, am i right in saying it is better for the clowns to host something on the end of the tank rather than in the middle

zacheyp said:
2 clowns will be my first fish, the frogspawn or waving hand will be my first coral, am i right in saying it is better for the clowns to host something on the end of the tank rather than in the middle

I don't think it matters as long as the flow is good for the coral or anemone.

i was just thinking if the clowns became territorial id rather them block off a portion of the tank that fish wont always be swimming through
updated stocking list
Fish-
2 ocellaris (1 b&w 1 orange)
1yellow watchman goby
1longnose hawk fish
1 royal gramma
1 fish TBD (suggestions???)

Inverts
5-7 assorted hermits
5 assorted snails
5 assorted snails
1 purple reef lobster

Corals
1 frogspawn
1 waving hand
1 kenya tree
2 mushrooms
2-3 leathers
3-4 zoas

Tank details 20 g long
substrate crushed coral
live rock 21 pounds 6 pieces

also, a quick question for reference, is 20 long essentially the same as 30 gal

instead of a purple reef lobster, i will get a spiny blue lobster

actually after research, i will not be getting any lobster

ya but since fish perfer length over with (generally) if its says a fish needs 30 gal, can i put it in my tank

i REALLY wanted a lobster but they kill fish, can u guys reccomend any fun peaceful inverts

Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp are awesome. Longnose Hawks usually never bother them due to their cleaning status. Mine even lets my shrimp clean him :)

thnks, are there any reef safe lobsters that i can get that wont harm my fish or shrimp

no prob coffetwitch, thank you for all of your help, normally i beileve live aqueria its just i have read conflicting things, for people with first hand expierence, which 1 is best with fish and shrimp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom