Zach's 46g Bowfront Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No that would be overstocked. The boesmani is too active for a tank that size anyway. Rainbows also need to be in schools of 6+ so add 4 more celebs to what you already have and youre stocked. With that much fish you will have to do large water changes every week. Also wait till the tank is cycled until you add more fish. Most of those fish are sensitive and will die if too much ammonia and nitrites are present. Did you purchase a test kit yet?

Ok so no boesmani,and I really am not allowed to get the test kit
My dad said its to much money...

Here a link you may not have realize that they are cheaper online. It's only about 30$. Not pushing you to get it just wanted me to make sure you knew you could get it for that amount.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B000255NCI/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1362446202&sr=8-1&pi=SL75

Yeah $30 is what it is at all my LFS.
It would need to be $10 for my dad...

My dad doesn't care what fish I put in(to an extent thats why I come here) but he is tight on what I pay for stuff outside the tank...
All my fish are very happy!

Attachments

• image-982599823.jpg
    image-982599823.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 48
  • image-170994347.jpg
    image-170994347.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 50

My dad doesn't care what fish I put in(to an extent thats why I come here) but he is tight on what I pay for stuff outside the tank...

Okay just wanted to check. It's almost 60$ at my lfs so just wanted to make sure you were informed.

Also wanted to let you know that its very difficult to find problems with fish if you don't know the parameters.

Good luck with your tank and don't hesitate to ask if you have other questions.

You should see if maybe you can do a little work to earn one. Your dad may be surprised and proud of you taking that initiative and be more willing to help you out on something like that.

Fyi some pet stores will test water samples if you bring them in. Maybe for free.

You're just in Florida right? The test kit shows as $19 on Amazon now but when I got mine it was only $16. And really the investment in a test kit or taking in water samples regularly to petsmart is definitely worth it... cheaper than replacing your fish =)
The site aqadvisor.com is fun to play with. You can put in your tank size, filter and then which fish you want and it will warn you if ones aren't suited, or if one kind is incompatible with another and your ideal water temp, ph, etc for your chosen fish.
I love the bowfront tank by the way. They look really neat.

I currently have:

A Pearl Gourami
A Leaopard Bushfish
3 Clown Loaches (when they get big I will either have a larger tank or give them away)
3 swordtails (my moms:()
1 SAE

If I get rid of the swordtails can I get the BGK?
If not do you recommend any others?
I'm going to wait awhile before more fish(like a month)
Or I'm a fully stocked?

image-2748557525.jpg

I will be putting a plant at each red spot and a lengthwise peice of driftwood on the yellow

I want
Java fern on the dw
Banana plant on the far left spot
And Sword daughter plants on the far right

image-364398000.jpg
Tanks coming along!

Attachments

• image-3843536327.jpg
    image-3843536327.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 55
  • image-2957014826.jpg
    image-2957014826.jpg