Zebra with film over his eye and half hos face

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wesson89

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So ive had this zebra for a few weeks now and woke up this morning to find like a big bubble had grown on his face the bubble looking thing is cloudy and can just make out his eye underneath i will upload a pic when he comes into view of the camera

Best pic i can get at the moment, he wont even come out to eat

Attachments

• image-3193711134.jpg
    image-3193711134.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 117
I'm terrible at seeing these pics on my iPhone, but google pop eye and see if that looks like what you're seeing.

This photo is clearer, but its also healed it was 10x worse than this

Attachments

• image-3933097312.jpg
    image-3933097312.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 92
His eyeball has fallen out!!

Attachments

• image-1627410739.jpg
    image-1627410739.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 68
Did you figure out what it is? Did you look up pop eye? It could be a bacteria eating away at the eye. Have you treated with anything?

No have not treated, it wasnt popeye. It looked like a bubble over his eye which i imagine was a scab to heal this?

I'm no expert, but one of my LFS guys told me once that fish commonly get abrasions on their eyes during capture and transport because of no eye lid. And these abrasions can get a bacterial infection. Did you say if you've acquired him recently? And if its only 1 eye, that's what i would guess it is. I think there are antibacterials you can buy for the tank. Again, this is just my estimation of what it might be.

Back
Top Bottom