Ziggy's Corner Planter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHA!!!

You think I'm hot!!!!!!!!

Haha. I can just remember sitting there so confused thinking of this 80 year old bald guy talking about hair and modelling... LOL! I am so bad at imagining what people actually look like on here!

Take up knitting

I literally lol'd at this.

This thread has once again exploded! Love the tank so far! I'll be making a run to the final SW LFS in the area that I haven't visited yet tomorrow, and I will run by the best FW LFS, since it is very close by. Gotta look at the wood selection for the future 10g planted! :D

Update later today. Went to the LFS and have some additions to the tank to share. Don't have much time right now though

Thanks... you too!! I'm so stuffed I feel like I should be rolling around rather than walking!

Thanks gang!!

So I added a small school of neons and a small school of green neons to the tank.

I can't get good pics of them but here are a few updated shots of the tank and you get a couple shots of them too. Oh and I raised the LEDs 1 chain link higher. Gives better spread to the whole tank and allows me to see what's going on at the surface a little better.

FTS with the light a little higher.
002mk.jpg

001gt.jpg

Just cause I thought this looked kinda cool
007nh.jpg

A blurry image of one of the ghost shrimp in the tank.
003r0.jpg

006hue.jpg

008ndh.jpg

012el.jpg

BTW...my amazon sword has a new leaf this morning, it wasn't there yesterday...don't have a pic of that yet but will get one.

014it.jpg

That's all for now. The water has cleared up nicely so I don't know if it was a bacteria bloom or just a cloud from planting in the substrate. What ever it is nice and pretty again.

Looking good. The lighting is very blue for an FW tank. Are you sure the plants benefit from the blue spectrum that much? I've heard it just causes algae.

--Adeeb

Looking good. The lighting is very blue for an FW tank. Are you sure the plants benefit from the blue spectrum that much? I've heard it just causes algae.

--Adeeb

From everything I have read it has no effect one way or the other. The light was designed for a reef not for FW so I'm using it because that's what I had and built. The white LEDs are 6500K so they are providing the light they need. In person the tank is not as blue as it appears in pictures. The background throws off the pics but it isn't as blue in person.

Special delivery for Max...

Here is the DIY CO2 system I'm using. 2 2L bottles with sugar water and yeast connected via a "T" and then up to the tank and attached to the CO2 diffuser I picked up from That Fish Place.

Now for the pics:

The bottles and "T"
024cg.jpg

The diffuser from above
025ys.jpg

027bx.jpg

Pretty simple setup and took about 10 minutes to put together.

Hope that helps you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom