zoa colony

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
ok this really didn't make me happy ,

this was my zoa colony last night as I took some picts of my tank,

zQ0V6C5.jpg

now this really wasn't what I was expecting after turning on the lights
something or someone in my tank went on a feeding frenzy on one of my 100+polyp colony of zoas
someone or something was hungry to eat a whole colony in one night
not really happy about this I just got this colony about 3 months ago
I intend on finding the culprit and sentence him to QT till I figure out what to do with him
all that's left is a rock
yfBezLd.jpg
Save

Last edited:
who ever the culprit is got another colony on the other side of tank last night
the 2 colony's he got were the nicest 2 I had , this last colony was 200+polyps
starting to tick me off

Here I was looking at something 1/6th that size for $30.. haha fish food is way cheaper

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

no lie food is way cheaper , I'm out about $250. both colony's were huge , at first I thought a nudbranch , but there not that fast to eat all that overnight , I'm starting to lean towards one of my extra large serpent stars , I may just have to stand guard tonight .

can never forget that dip , but that wasn't it one colony has been in there around 2 months 2nd about a week .
well I caught the culprit red handed last night not who I expected . My engineer goby the last one I'd ever expect , I don't get it he was a class A citizen for 5+ years and he is always well fed. why all of a sudden would he go on a zoa binge , my wife said put him in the predator tank , easier said than done I don't plan on tearing my tank apart to catch him, I'll just avoid zoa's for now on ,

it was about 1:30 am he came out of his hole going straight for the zoa's , he's no lil guy at that he is about 18inch long with one big mouth ,here he is sticking his head out of his hole
2nczxDA.jpg

he just wants attention couple big chunks of shrimp should settle him down , I just paid the price with a few colony's . not happy but can't cry over spilled milk

Back
Top Bottom