Zoa question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin0329

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a white "sponge" looking growth that's growing around and in between my Zoa's. Its kinda like cotton. I've tried to get pictures but they aren't coming out clear enough to see it. I'm sure someone on here knows what I am talking about. Is it bad? Will it stop the spread of the heads? Either way, how can I get rid of it? I don't really like the look of it, even if it is beneficial.

I know exactly what your talking about. I have one myself( but won't get rid of it cause it is a beneficial sponge.) I would try chiseling it off the rock if it's not right against your zoas. It won't harm them but it can stunt their growth if it's all around it. If it's just on one side then it's ok for now. They can grow big though, mine is already 4 inches in size.

Any recommendations on a safe coral dip solution I can make from home? And how long do I dip it? My LFS (Petco) doesn't carry any coral dips. I've checked in the past.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom