Are you addicted to fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostInFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am and it's great nobody understands unless u to are addicted. Please post pics of your Man cave or Fish room lets see all the fish lovers out there show off there room

Here's my fish room in progress

Attachments

• image-3417976267.jpg
    image-3417976267.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 192
  • image-2392308790.jpg
    image-2392308790.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 186
  • image-224860766.jpg
    image-224860766.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 173
  • image-2099794827.jpg
    image-2099794827.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 180
  • image-790381942.jpg
    image-790381942.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 188
Not like that. I'm only recently into fishkeeping so we just have one tank, although I am quite proud of it.

It's a 90g with a 29g sump underneath, with all custom built filtration. It has been a blast. Ignore the up-top doors, I still need to stain them to match the rest of the cabinet.

We do technically have a 2nd tank. It's my hospital tank and currently housing a sick cory.
I think my husband is JUST starting to get an inkling that I'm not going to take it down and am going to use it for something else when the cory is done.... ;)

Multiple tank syndrome seems all to easy. I find myself looking around my house and imagining what I could fit and where.

Attachments

• tank&sump.jpg
    tank&sump.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 169
  • tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 186
  • hospitaltank.jpg
    hospitaltank.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 172
Nice job on the tank looks beautiful. Glad to see I'm not the only one with the itch. If I was rich I would have a huge tank made in the wall of my room then I would never get anything done because I would be day dreaming while watching my tank.

Thanks!
I know what you mean. I've looked at a few walls and though "what if..."
Then I remember that's crazy talk!
I do hope to have another big tank someday. Maybe something even bigger than a 90...
One can dream!!

What kinds of tanks are all of yours, ecosystem wise?

I have a fully planted 150 gallon with discus, a 180 gallon with African cichlids, a 100 gallon with a tiger shovel nose catfish, and a 33 gallon breeding tank with boulivian rams

I am! I have actually be wrestling with this because I have realized I will never be satisfied. There is always just one more fish. I am thinking my new years resolution is no more purchasing fish for 1 year.

I am! I have actually be wrestling with this because I have realized I will never be satisfied. There is always just one more fish. I am thinking my new years resolution is no more purchasing fish for 1 year.

I can totally understand the not needing anymore for a while I have been pretty happy having discus tank and African tank setups thanks for sharing.. Any pics of what u have?

Yo tang (moneymaker), I know it's a very expensive hobby, and nobody understand us. I have 3 aquariums, 30g hightech FW, 20g hightech SW, and a 10g lowtech FW (QT) in my 3 1/2 appartement.

People say to me they won't have all this in their home, but they like to see what I'm doing, and they're saying it's probably my hobby (to justify my addiction). You know, I have a lot of hobby, I'm brewing beer, growing a medicinal plant, 3 aquariums, playing lot of computer... I like doing this !

According to your picture, you have a lot of room for your hobby, and I think you understood what's a good aquascape. I would like to come your home and see all what you did. But you're not my neihbourg, and living far from here -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Yo tang (moneymaker), I know it's a very expensive hobby, and nobody understand us. I have 3 aquariums, 30g hightech FW, 20g hightech SW, and a 10g lowtech FW (QT) in my 3 1/2 appartement.

People say to me they won't have all this in their home, but they like to see what I'm doing, and they're saying it's probably my hobby (to justify my addiction). You know, I have a lot of hobby, I'm brewing beer, growing a medicinal plant, 3 aquariums, playing lot of computer... I like doing this !

According to your picture, you have a lot of room for your hobby, and I think you understood what's a good aquascape. I would like to come your home and see all what you did. But you're not my neihbourg, and living far from here -.-

That's funny people love to watch my fish but they all say the same thing to many tanks. I like having the 4 of them anymore makes for to many water changes lol

I am and it's great nobody understands unless u to are addicted. Please post pics of your Man cave or Fish room lets see all the fish lovers out there show off there room

I got into the hobby about 2 years back and I've become addicted. I currently have only two 55 gallons but plan on getting a 125 and 180 once I get my basement finished. I find myself constantly daydreaming about having more tanks... Yeah weird,lol

That's funny people love to watch my fish but they all say the same thing to many tanks. I like having the 4 of them anymore makes for to many water changes lol

I use pyton water changer, very effective when you have multi/big tanks.

And yeah, people see my 10 pounds CO2 bottle and they alway say: "Is it to do the same job as an airpump?"

That's not a 400$ pressurized system to mimic a 20$ airpump I anwsers ^.^

Back
Top Bottom