Getting a Betta! Need Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
KatieJ, there is some at other pet stores for like 14 dollars and there really nice but that 40 dollar one is BEAUTIFUL I just love it but it looks more than 5 gallons so if ur Betta dies just get some other fish

14$ ?! Really? I could definitely talk my parents into tht. Lol, and even I could buy tht.

I got it in pj's pets in the west Edmonton mall in Edmonton (I live right beside it) it qa like 14 dollars but once again you need to buy like gravel and and decorations and food and conditioner but I also see it in other pet shops and it has lots of different designs to picks so like it's cool and it comes with a little pack of food for bettas and some condition for the tap water to start you off :D

Thats cool. But I have never heard of PJ's pets. I do know of Petco abd Pet smart tho. I have already bought some water conditioner, so tht makes me happy, lol

REALLY!?!?!?!?!?!
I ALWAYS go to pj's pets and I have never herd of petco...lol
But any fish tank will do all I really need is water and food thats it lol

For your fish's welfare, bigger is better. But really, if you want to confine it to something smaller, it's all up to you. ;)

ChibiRedPanda said:
Lol, so does it have to be 5 gal?...

Yes it does. You can try a betta bowl but it is not how to keep a fish. A nice five gallon can last him for months. My female betta imbellis is quite the personality in my thirty gallon community.

ChibiRedPanda said:
Lol, so does it have to be 5 gal?...

Does noe HAVE to be but to make him happy and healthy yes but just get the biggest tank you can afford just try to get one with a filter and a heater I seen a 3 gallon kit at walmart with cool led changing color lights and a filter for 25$ and you can pick up a small walmart heater for 10$ I understand if it's not doable it's just a smaller tank is a lot more work just keep up on your water changes

And if you get a 10 gallon you can keep a school of about 6 neons with a Betta IMO

Ok. Well, I really dont know how big my tank is.... my tank isnt fancy, but I will get some rocks and stuff.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110721_215634.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110721_215634.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 95
  • ForumRunner_20110721_215712.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110721_215712.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 99
I do not have the little box thing I got it in, so I really dont know dimensions. Im srry.

ChibiRedPanda said:
I do not have the little box thing I got it in, so I really dont know dimensions. Im srry.

You could try measuring the height width and length. That can give us a rough estimate of how many gallons it is.

I had one exact to that a few years ago (but I decided to get a new one for my Betta) my Betta was fine she liked it I mean...I put gravel and a small decoration and she lived long

Back
Top Bottom