New tank - Need some advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kio707 said:
Isn't stress to move from a QT to a DT? Anytime a fish can't breath due to being outta water seems like stress to me... Lol.. And my lfs has that blue mandarin, but says he's never seen it eat frozen food.. Hard to chance that.

Can you have a mandarin in the same tank as a nem, I was wanting to get one later, but I read somewhere my nem would eat him.

Jsmith79 said:
Can you have a mandarin in the same tank as a nem, I was wanting to get one later, but I read somewhere my nem would eat him.

I was going to add one if I could find one that ate frozen food... Only nem I'm aware of eating fish is a condy...

i saw a nem in a fish store with a clown that was hosting it. they threw a shrimp in and it was cool watching the clown feed it to the nem.

kurtyboh said:
nem's eat fish for food... if they can get ahold of them they will become food

They will eat dead or injured, but not a healthy fish. My RBT is at least 7" in diameter and has never tried to eat my hawkfish. My hawkfish literally will run through it and perch right next to with no issues. I did have a Condy that ate my clown and 6 line wrasse. Never heard of any other nem eating fish...

Jsmith79 said:
Cool maybe I'll try one someday, what are you supposed to wait like a year for your tank to be established?

Yeah, at least. Start your pod colony now.. Lol

Harlequin Tusk- think I can get away with one? I know Carey is getting one, but ya'll have seen my tank, good or bad idea?

Back
Top Bottom