My 150gal Angelfish build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is it so far, will be planting (hopefully today) going to get so,e driftwood, and rocks too

I like it so far I had a pot like the one in the right corner and put plants in the holes that looked really cool!

i cant wait to see the angel fish in it. i have about 50 adults and 200 baby ones. they are my fav. also with those type of pots i have seen underwater lights put inside them and it looks awesome when u put it in the tank

Nicee i just got me a 110 gallon aquarium for a very cheap price it was in very ruff condition but im bring it back to life check out my pics cant wait to get it startedddd i also have a 55 gallon so what my plan to do is make both of my tanks in a Sectional

Attachments

• image-1476092681.jpg
    image-1476092681.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 143
  • image-2847486960.jpg
    image-2847486960.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 120
  • image-2808860936.jpg
    image-2808860936.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 108
  • image-590779649.jpg
    image-590779649.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 115
i cant wait to see the angel fish in it. i have about 50 adults and 200 baby ones. they are my fav. also with those type of pots i have seen underwater lights put inside them and it looks awesome when u put it in the tank

Holy crap you have 50 adult angel fish!?!? I hope you're in business!

Coming along nicely the tetras won't hurt the cycle ;) haha

Actually... The OP is dosing ammonia at 4ppm. Correct? Adding any fish to a tank undergoing a fishless cycle is a death wish.

If you were going to let the tetras be the ammonia source and monitor the parameters (and do water changes to keep the fish safe) then I would agree.

Edit: missed the my levels are decent part. Ignore me

Actually... The OP is dosing ammonia at 4ppm. Correct? Adding any fish to a tank undergoing a fishless cycle is a death wish.

If you were going to let the tetras be the ammonia source and monitor the parameters (and do water changes to keep the fish safe) then I would agree.

Edit: missed the my levels are decent part. Ignore me

Yea I haven't actually added any ammonia, but I do have some. I used about a gallon 2 gallons of established tank water from my friend, and 4 used media filters from his tank. I will not be adding ammonia in there if the fish are in there.

Yea I haven't actually added any ammonia, but I do have some. I used about a gallon 2 gallons of established tank water from my friend, and 4 used media filters from his tank. I will not be adding ammonia in there if the fish are in there.

It's the filter media which would have done it the tank water wouldn't of benefited a lot.

If there are no fish-in&you are not dosing ammonia then what are you using for an ammonia source to feedvthe cycle?

I completely understand/know all about cycling tanks...just asking what ammonia source the op is providing to feed the cycle...l prefer fish-less cycling myself for the obvious benefits of the method...

There is fish in there now. Put them in yesterday. I had established tank water in there and used media filters.

Ok I see now,while it doesn't hurt to add some water from an established tank but it does little to none in helping with the cycling process..along with the seeded filter media I would've snagged some substrate from the tank as well,placing it a mesh bag near or under the out-flow of the filtration...

Back
Top Bottom