0.1g Planted Pico Cube - Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I found a video that kind of uses the same idea with a central piece of wood and plants around it, now you got me wanting a pico vase too......have to get my mom to approve first though!

Video:

Nils

Haha yea the pico should be fun. I found this video after I decided to try a pico tank. I watched it thinking he'd elaborate on the setup and talk about how he maintains it, but still a cool video and a very cool pico tank. I like how he scaped it as well as the plants he chose.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice ??

You could try baby guppies

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I've seen others stock pico tanks of this size or smaller with fry, maybe guppy fry. I don't think I would stock mine with fry, I would have to move them once they grow and them restock the pico. I'd rather keep something I don't have to worry about moving.

Any pictures we need to see? :)

Nils

I still haven't planted this thing yet, so I'm afraid I would have nothing to share, but pictures of an empty pico tank *sigh* :( I've just been so busy, so I've had to put this to the side. Maybe I can plant it this weekend, we'll see.

I'm not sure about ramshorn but nerite snails are escape artists. Learned that by finding one of mine scooting along the kitchen counter :whistle:

I'm not sure about ramshorn but nerite snails are escape artists. Learned that by finding one of mine scooting along the kitchen counter :whistle:

No way! That's actually the kind of snail I thought about stocking this thing with. I would get just one horned nerite snail, but now that you mention this..I don't know.

No way! That's actually the kind of snail I thought about stocking this thing with. I would get just one horned nerite snail, but now that you mention this..I don't know.

I searched for forums here after it happened and apparently it's common. I have nerites in all my tanks but only one tries to escape.

Planting the pico!

So this weekend I finally got around to planting the pico tank. The LFS had some of what I was looking for, but not quite at the price I was hoping for, so I ended up going a different route with the plants. In the end, I chose Glossostigma elantinoides and Myriophyllum tuberculatum.

Here are some pics of the scaping and planting, as well as the finished product.

Let me know what you think :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 74
  • image_3.jpeg
    image_3.jpeg
    99.1 KB · Views: 77
  • image_4.jpeg
    image_4.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 80
  • image_6.jpeg
    image_6.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 89
Flooding and Planting

The last image shows the final product as of last night. The water has cleared up some and I have begun dosing with Flourish, Excel, Iron, and API Co2 Booster. I am currently dosing about 3 drops of each from a 3ml pipette daily with a 5hr photo period. Any thoughts or suggestions on dosing or lighting?

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• image_7.jpeg
    image_7.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image_31.jpeg
    image_31.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 84
  • image_32.jpeg
    image_32.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image_33.jpeg
    image_33.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 91
I would recommend some shrimp, or a Thai micro crab. And that tanks looks amazing

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'd definitely recommend giving it some time before adding livestock. Shrimp would really look nice in there though!

Back
Top Bottom