Bichir's First Planted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nicely done. It should fill in well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks man! It's nice to actually see your planned aquascape come together, I know it's only been 12 hours since I've actually planted it but still. It's a cool feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Now the hard part.... Patience! Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ha! You're telling me! Although having sat on this tank since November of last year has helped me in that department.
The hardest part would be to avoid any and all LFS for anything other than prime :D

Just a little psa- if you're using a ceramic diffuser that isn't a GLA atomizer go order one right now!
Mine just got in today and co2 just came on and wow am I impressed! Incredibly small and very fine bubble mist. It's pumpin out co2 like no tomorrow even on a lower bps than I ran on the two other glass ones I've used...

Tank is looking sweeeett Bircher....welcome to the leafy side. Definitely think the tank is gonna look good when it fills in but also think it needs something in the background. If you're considering a sword of sorts go something interesting like a ozelot or red flame.

Tank is looking sweeeett Bircher....welcome to the leafy side. Definitely think the tank is gonna look good when it fills in but also think it needs something in the background. If you're considering a sword of sorts go something interesting like a ozelot or red flame.

Thanks Matt! As for now I'm going to wait for the next club meeting and see if I can't get some ammania bonsai for the back right.
Might also look into some buces...

Got a Betta in drip now!

Wooooooooo pics! :)

Caleb

Excuse the poor photo quality but this is what I got of him and the rig...(tank lights are dimmed to 5% power, looks insanely brighter in the pics but it's really very dim)

That shot sucks, can't get one of him from the side but you get the idea of him.
He's truly gorgeous and has very noticeable wild genes in him! A better pic of him in the tank will show those wild genes I was talking about.

Lights out! In the tank now, I'll get pics tomorrow night when the lights are on....

Lol at first I thought you were showing us an empty bowl. Took me a while to find him in the second photo too. Can't wait to see him in the tank! Are you going to put anything else in with him?

Following

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Pitt! Welcome aboard! If you have any suggestions/critiques/questions/comments let me know!

Lol at first I thought you were showing us an empty bowl. Took me a while to find him in the second photo too. Can't wait to see him in the tank! Are you going to put anything else in with him?

Yeah he has a good camo for that set up! Being a Betta I'll have to just experiment with him to see what he'll like. He seems very friendly but time will tell.
I would ultimately like to see if he'll tolerate a scarlet badis and some nerites.

Here's some pics of him! Excuse the glare, just fed him some mysis shrimp (which he now loves) and I'm assuming that's how I got the shots lol

Betta looks awesome! I can definitely see why you say he has the wild type genes, his head is bigger than any other betta I've seen!

Back
Top Bottom