College Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got to see my son on the sideline of the Bahamas bowl last Friday (he is on the athletic training staff) in ODU's victory over Eastern Michigan. This was ODU's first ever bowl game. He had a great time down there.

That's cool. Isn't ODU in Conference USA?

Terrible, hard-to-watch game and lose, but hopefully next year will be a different story. Go Bucks!

As someone who lives 15 minutes from clemson's stadium trust me when I say it's worse here. I despise clemson and every year they compete for a title blows worse than the year before. I sincerely hoped OSU would kill them, I'm disappointed it shook out this way.... roll tide...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As someone who lives 15 minutes from clemson's stadium trust me when I say it's worse here. I despise clemson and every year they compete for a title blows worse than the year before. I sincerely hoped OSU would kill them, I'm disappointed it shook out this way.... roll tide...

I'm starting to get over the game from yesterday. It was embarrassing, but you can't be dominant and win every game all the time, even if the program is at the top. Certainly that performance was not the Urban Meyer standard that OSU fans are accustomed to, but this team overachieved if you think about. This is the youngest team in the FBS, so things should only go up. Look for a change in offensive philosophy and personnel this offseason (us OSU fans are tired of the OC and QB coach). I hate to say it, but that team up North (Michigan), Michigan State, and Wisconsin outplayed us in wins. This team could've been 8-4 or 9-3, so since we beat Michigan and had a pretty successful season, I'll take solace in that there are good times ahead. Now I'll turn my attention to college basketball and my beloved Cincinnati Reds. Go Bucks!

Also TMRC, my dislike for Clemson has grown (OSU is 0-3 against Clemson, and has a bad history against them . . . the Woody punch), so now they are with the likes of USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, and Texas for nonconference teams that I do not have any fondness for haha.

I'm starting to get over the game from yesterday. It was embarrassing, but you can't be dominant and win every game all the time, even if the program is at the top. Certainly that performance was not the Urban Meyer standard that OSU fans are accustomed to, but this team overachieved if you think about. This is the youngest team in the FBS, so things should only go up. Look for a change in offensive philosophy and personnel this offseason (us OSU fans are tired of the OC and QB coach). I hate to say it, but that team up North (Michigan), Michigan State, and Wisconsin outplayed us in wins. This team could've been 8-4 or 9-3, so since we beat Michigan and had a pretty successful season, I'll take solace in that there are good times ahead. Now I'll turn my attention to college basketball and my beloved Cincinnati Reds. Go Bucks!

Also TMRC, my dislike for Clemson has grown (OSU is 0-3 against Clemson, and has a bad history against them . . . the Woody punch), so now they are with the likes of USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, and Texas for nonconference teams that I do not have any fondness for haha.

I can certainly buy that, clemson should easily be the most hated team in America. I'm too tired of seeing them winning.

Go Hawks!
My alma mater

My mom teaches at Western, and so my daughter is now cheering for the Fighting Momoms and Fighting Gramgrams.

Last edited:
View attachment 292656

It's a shame my family doesn't take sports seriously.

Love it!
Was a bit surprised with the OSU-Clemson outcome. This is a Tigers defense that has one starting senior, I believe. Looking forward to the Natl chip game.
I saw Alabama DL Jonathan Allen play in HS. (Stanford QB) Ryan Burns even handed him the ball a few times.

Tim Beck is gone! OSU has a new QB coach. Better days are ahead. I'm hearing some rumblings that ex-Indiana HC Kevin Wilson may become the new OC, but I have no idea what that'd mean for Ed Warinner--I'd be okay with him staying as the O-line coach. After Fickell left for UC, OSU is also hunting for a DC.

46 freshmen at OSU this year with a bunch of them starting. They will be pretty good next couple of years.

Why have I never found this thread before. My first love is IU basketball (born a Hoosier, became a Boilermaker for college... In 49 other states it's just basketball), but I love me some Big10 football!
??

College football isn't too far away! Many interesting first week games. Florida and UM, Alabama and Florida State, and many others. The first game is going to be sort of interesting for Ohio State. It has been a while since we've started with a Big 10 team, plus our OC is IU's former head coach. On top of that, it is a Thursday night game.

South Carolina has played Thursday night games to start the season the last 3 years, I haven't been a fan. Just seemed like the guys never had it together, 1st game of the year, nationally televised primetime game. I'm interested to see what Lamar Jackson can do this year, hoping for a breakout softmore campaign for Jake Bentley.

South Carolina has played Thursday night games to start the season the last 3 years, I haven't been a fan. Just seemed like the guys never had it together, 1st game of the year, nationally televised primetime game. I'm interested to see what Lamar Jackson can do this year, hoping for a breakout softmore campaign for Jake Bentley.

I expect South Carolina to be better this year. Indiana has been a tricky team to play the past couple years, but I'm not expecting a big surprise the first week. The offense should be better, and history is on OSU's side. Oklahoma is our week 2 opponent, and then Army will come to the 'shoe.

MD travels to Texas and ODU (alum) hosts Albany.
Not sure how MD will do this year. Had a decent first season in the Big10 but has been in a tailspin since.
ODU is coming off of its first bowl game ever (program is only 8 years old). They have added VA Tech to its regular season lineup for the next few years.

More interesting week 1 matchups than I recall in recent years. Looking forward to it. We get nc state in nc this year, nc state gave Clemson all they could handle last year and return many starters. Not filled with optimism approaching the season opener.

Back
Top Bottom